1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Innocent Divorcee

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by RadiantCat, Oct 2, 2009.

1. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

What's the meaning of Innocent Divorcee and who is an Innocent Divorcee?

2. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

From what I've seen, most times people say 'issueless divorce.' However, in my opinion, there is NO SUCH THING as an issueless divorce. Obviously there was an issue, or the couple wouldn't have split. It's common sense!

Think about it this way. When people get married, they do it because they intend to stay married. Hence, they will stay married, unless something happens in the marriage that makes them change their mind. The word for that 'something' is called... issue.

So when anyone says their divorce was issueless I'm highly sceptical. And from a dating perspective, I would not want to marry a divorcee who was not able to articulate what went wrong in their previous marriage. Afterall, everyone makes mistakes, but you should at least be able to identify them and learn from them!

As for 'innocent' divorcee... I guess that could mean that the person, through no fault of their own, was dumped or forced to ask for divorce. I guess in theory a totally innocent divorcee could exist... maybe somebody who has been abused just because the spouse is an out of control psycho, or because inlaws made their life hell, or because spouse was unfaithful.... but in majority of divorces I feel it is the incompatability of BOTH spouses that causes the split, and hence I find 'innocent divorcee' an inaccurate term.

JMO!

3. Muskaan7

Muskaan7 Senior IL'ite

Hi ASG,

As far as I am aware, issueless divorcee means having "no children" Correct me someone if I am wrong!

Hi Canwait,

"Innocent divorcee" means someone who was divorced for no fault of hers.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  4. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

From the times I've heard it in person, it's seemed to mean 'mutual amicable divorce'. However, the times it's been said to me have been in reference to women without children... so maybe you are right! Possibly people use this phrase to mean couple of different things? :confused2:

5. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi canwait

Innocent Divorcee means when Divorce is sort on the basis of the other partner being impotent or when the person has been cheated into marrying a mentally retarded or physically disabled person. In such cases a person a entitled for annulment of marriage(it is not considered divorce,as divorce term is used when the marriage has consummated). But most of the people use the term divorce for annulment marriage. This is innocent divorcee.

Suitable Girl,as rightly pointed out issueless means childless divorcee.

Regards
    Ansh
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

madras2018 likes this.
  6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

A person who got divorced with no fault of her/him is called an Innocent divorcee. A person who is ready to give it a chance/willing to try, but was divorced is an Innocent divorcee :)

Hope this helps.

ASG,

Where there are no strings attached (No children involved) and it was a clean goodbye then they are an issueless divorcee. During look out for remarriage, to help the partner understand their situation better they can say, I am an Issueless divorcee.

I have few in my family in law&order in India. Their terminology is completely different in handling cases. If a (wo)man is in court or in need of legal help, they ask - Was there any issue - It simply means, do you any kids with him/her. So that might also be the reason for this name, me thinks.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  7. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

I wudnt buy into the whole Innocent Divorcee thing. Its like they are shouting over the rooftops they are innocent in the whole divorce . If it was really innocent spouse in the divorce , they wud come to tell this when it came to being in contact with prospective women/men. Not at the ad stage. I wud think twice in case of seeing such ads.

8. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

This is the dictionary meaning

innocent divorcee: adj. divorced for no fault of hers

but willing to give another try

9. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

My hubbys immediate cousin had recently divorced under mutual consent, since both are working and they have no issues(children) it was easy for them to get the divorce.

The best part is both wants to get re-married and become members in many matrimony's.

Every where they have mentioned as " innocent divorcee"

Dont who who is innocent here.

10. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Methinks innocent is a word coined by (him) or (her) absolving themselves of any wrong doing and trying to prove to the world that they are the ones who have been dealt a raw deal !!!!

cheers

Bhooma