1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Innocent Cheaters

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Sep 5, 2021.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Innocent Cheaters.

Let me start by saying that I am an honest person .

And then I came across this quote and my entire notion of honesty changed.

A thing worth having is a thing worth cheating for-

W C Fields (American Comedian)

Well, I didn’t steal the Taj Mahal but I did took away certain things which was, so to say, stealing. e.g.

1. Office stationary for personal use
    2. Tooth pics, mouth freshness,from restaurants
    3. Laundry bags from hotels
    But such stealing can be taken as universal.

How about stealing ideas, phrases, sentences from established or not so established writers or even filmy dialogues for my snippets?

2. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

The greediest form of stealing is photocopying bundles of notes or even text books of children in the office machine.
    Plagiarism happens inadvertently or with a false notion that nobody may notice. One of the greatest contemporary management guru had to settle out of court for plagiarism.
    Kannadasn,a famous tamil poet was heckled for copying the lines "satti suttadhada" for a film, from one of the oldest collection of poems. The other side of the argument was that but for the copying, we would have missed those beautiful lines. As long as copying is relevant and shown as quote there appears to be no harm.Your title for the snippet is enticing.
    SLN

HariLakhera likes this.
  3. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Yeah, Using office photocopier is very much prevalent.
    As stealing from old books etc, it is also very common. I prefer to give credit where it is due. Expanding on an idea in your own way and belief is good.