1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Inner Process Of Kindness

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ambika ananth, Oct 9, 2005.

1. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

In response to Shridhar's post, I would like to share this experience of mine proving how some people are blessed with spontaneous inner process of kindness and love.

There is a saying " Scatter kindness along the way and you will never walk alone". Some people do it as a part of their living..

There is an inner process of kindness which takes shape into gestures of some people and those gestures fill me with constantly increasing admiration and awe for them. These people are strong and serene like mountain summits, who dont reject life for its troubled times and inconsistencies and their acts of giving come down in strong cascades of humanity despite their own personal crises.

........ She comes home every week to help in various million chores, right from shining brass-ware to rearranging my kitchen to finding my misplaced pen to mending my sons' bermudas. She has been a part of my house hold since more than a decade and there is no place in our house where her helping hand had not reached. Seeing her in the same saree for three consecutive weeks, I enquired her in a mildly angry tone, under lined with my concern for her," Why do you give away your sarees to your daughters and struggle with just one? They are young and able but you will have to toil so much to earn some money and get some old sarees from us.....

No amma no, she stopped me. "Last month in the church, there was an announcement about Orissa cyclone victims and about their miserable condition. So I donated two sarees and a shawl.....!

I felt a sudden rush of warmth in my veins. It is very easy to spare some clothes if you have loads of them, but to give away two sarees out of three and a shawl which is a prized possession in total penury? True faith and love to give others will burn away all mental obstacles I think... other wise how? I went close to her and took her hand into mine and told that her act of kindness has gone straight to her account in the Almighty's Bank and that she is a blessed soul. She flashed a smile at me and the short lady seemed sooo tall and much larger than life.... because" Life is measured by donation , not by duration !!

I remember a story of a poor girl who wanted to buy a Christmas present out of her meager income and since it permitted only a small gift she felt sad and slighted, and a voice inside her said " It is true that many people in this city have much more than you do, but surely there are many who have far , far less!" How that girl with true spirit of Christmas and with true faith in selfless giving buys a small frock and gifts it to a baby girl of a very very poor family making their Christmas really merry and joyous constitues the story. That girl was poor materially, but had the heart of a Queen

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012
    1 person likes this.

2. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

The story of the christmas present is very touching. Yes, many people are poor but are great souls in heart. Kindness must come from inside and cannot be learned. From childhood a person should have exposure to kind acts and the happines it brings.

3. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

Dear AA,

I have almost logged in after 2 months & felt very glad to read your heart drenching thoughts.
    True what you have said.Liked it.