1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Inlaws got Dress for son's first birthday

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Fortune1, May 15, 2015.

1. curtainsdown

curtainsdown Silver IL'ite

ha ha ha ha - clever.
    OP - you are right in your thinking- I would think so too. but like the above posters, be smart about it. Do not lose sleep over it :) Happy Birthday to the mother in you!!

1 person likes this.
  2. tarasharma

tarasharma Gold IL'ite

Experience speaks :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Fortune1

Fortune1 Senior IL'ite

Thanks everyone for taking ur time to reply...my DS birthday falls on a weekday and the party is on Saturday....if they got an ordinary dress, I would have let him wear on he actual bday and the one that am planning to buy on party day for cake cutting....but what they got was meant for party...a bit flashy cloth...a suit...that can only
    be worn for parties....now am struck...I want to get him a nice ethniic wear that he' can wear for the party. Ahhhh....sorry for giving TMI...this small issue is eating my mind day and night.....

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

OP...if they have bought a flashy suit ...they must have spent some time and money buying it.Let this one go....you will have other birthday parties to dress him up.It won't be much fun if in laws are disappointed.It will make you feel guilty later on .

You have not yet bought your outfit....make him wear the ethnic stuff for the next festival.
    Or if you want pictures of cake cutting...get two cakes and make him cut one cake in the morning just with family...all of you dressed in your ethnic best.

5. DianaRose

DianaRose Junior IL'ite

Wow...yellow mango, both ur ideas sounds great...!

1 person likes this.