Infy !!!!

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by snehanjali486, Jun 22, 2010.

1. snehanjali486

snehanjali486 New IL'ite

Infosys employee Mohan’s personal mobile rang when he was in office, on a boring Monday afternoon.

“Hello Sir, this is from HDFC Bank sir, we have a very good offer with our new Golden Credit Card which has an enhanced monthly limit and lesser interest rates. Can u spare a minute so that I expla…”

“ Ya ya.. Infact I was exactly in need of that. U called me at the right time. But I ve a meeting at 5 o clock. As its still 2 pm , go on”

“Oh thank You sir. Well this card provides you unlimited offers, discounts in ..(blah blah blah)”
    “hmm.. oh ok.. nice”
    “not only that ithas provisions for emi …(blah blah blah blah)”
    “wow..thats great…”

She explains him all the ins and outs of that card for hours and finally asks
    “So, sir, would you like to have one?”
    “Well, it really looks cool. But I need a moment to think. Also, since its already half past 4, I need to get prepared for the meeting. So can I tell you my decision tomorrow if you don’t mind? “
    “No problem sir, I shall call you tomorrow, have a nice day sir.”

Next day, she calls and now he asks for comparison between their and other banks’ cards. She explains him to the best of her knowledge ,for more than an hour, going through various websites and databases.
    “Very cool, sounds interesting. But as a software engineer, I know that no product is without drawbacks. So, tomorrow can u call me and briefly, in one or two hours, explain the potential risks in that? ”

“Ok sir , no problem. Have a nice day” says with a bit of frustration.
    “Oh God, how much analysis they do ! May be that’s why he is in Infosys, the software giant” she thinks.

For the next 2 days same thing continues as she explains him about the risks, the future enhancements , what if he goes abroad in between and stuffs like those for hours together.

On Friday, she calls him again and after giving him again a summary of what she had explained in the last 4 days, she asks finally
    “Sir , now would you like to buy?”

“Infact , the offer is good and beneficial. But I m not interested now , please. I m sorry”

“Sir, but you told u were in need of this”
    “Yes, but that was on Monday. Please , I am sorry. ”
    “Ohh ok LLL” she says , all disappointed. “Anyway, sir, please atleast fill in the form which I ll send u now, because I need the “Reason for Rejection” part of that form to submit to my manager here, please, at least”
    “Sure . send it at mohan_tippasandra@infosys.com “.

The next day, she reads his filled form and as if to add up her frustrations, she finds the “Reason for Rejection” column filled as ‘ I don’t need it as my wife is back from her native’ .

Confused :bonkof what it means, she calls him up again, annoyed by the way heavy heads of the multinational giant think and examine a situation.

“Sir, can u please explain me what your reason of rejection actually means. Please, I m not getting it”

“Oh that one… Listen. Actually , I ve newly bought a Virgin sim . So for every incoming call, I got 20 ps per minute. Since you were explaining it for hours together , I , on an average , got around 20 to 25 rupees everyday . Using that , I used to call my wife who had been to her native. As she is now back , I no longer need it. Your “CREDIT” card actually provided credits to my sim. Moreover , wen u r in a company like this , u analyze a lot about how to save money !! “ :biglaugh

2. vinoran

vinoran Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sneha,
    Wonderful way of teaching various kinds of Marketing persons. It is really irritating to receive such calls.

Is it a real one? or your story!!

By the way What is 'Virgin' card?

Good posting
    Vinoran

3. snehanjali486

snehanjali486 New IL'ite

Hi vinoran,

its a forwaded message. Virgin is a network provider like hutch , airtel etc

Thanks,
    sneha

4. ramyaraja

ramyaraja Gold IL'ite

Snehanjali,

Its the magic word "Infy" brought me in.. after seeing the story I can tell you its 100% true these bank customer care would keep on calling.. even if we say we are not interested they would ask for any two other extension numbers/ mobile numbers.. mostly we would avoid answering.. if we had our appraisal meeting that day and if our PM had busted us with lesser ratings than we expected.. :crazy you should have guessed it now.. YES WE GIVE OUR ML AND PM extensions :rotfl

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  5. snehanjali486

snehanjali486 New IL'ite

Hey Ramya,

Thanks for dropping in..:)
    Such a nice idea. Never thought of giving my manager's mobile.I'll try hereon
    just for fun.. :p

Thanks,
    sneha