1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Information Diet

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Mar 25, 2023.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda Finest Post Winner

Very relevant topic, Viswamitra. Am never sure what to believe or what not to believe. Sadly enough, even photos of nature are suspect these days, with AI having made its appearance on the scene. It is so difficult to lead life as a doubting Thomas all the time. Truth is indeed relative. It depends on which papers you read or which channels you choose to follow. Who is to say who is telling the truth and who isn't? Information seems to expand to fill in all the time one has at one's disposal.

Have not yet succeeded in my efforts to cut social media completely out of my life. When I try to avoid news and enjoy the joys of Nature, AI plays spoil sport.

What is sadder is that with family and friends on opposite sides of the political divide, friendships and family connections are also being affected. Who would ever have imagined that to be possible? Conversations have become so difficult, it is like treading on glass.

We have indeed 'evolved'!!!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Hi Satchi,

It is unfortunate, we need to discriminate whether an information is accurate first before even consuming it. It was not bad in the earlier generation. Now with the explosion of social media, every information is measured by how many people it reached and the sender being appreciating for creating such a sensational information reaching so many people. AI is everywhere, if you carefully notice now we have AI woman speaking something in the Facebook. You are feeling bad to be a doubting Thomas but those who share misinformation don't shy away.

I used to enjoy learning more and more about the space, planets and the Universe as a whole. Now even in this area, there is so much of misinformation and hence I decided to only check Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson's messages.

If you take politics, no one is sharing what is the news but only their opinion of the news. The days are gone when the news is shared and the public debated the news with reference to their opinion.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

Indeed. You are right again @satchitananda & @Viswamitra . Nothing can be taken at its face value including posts in facebook.
    Like an advocate or attorney, every statement that appears need to be viewed with suspicion first and the time of its posting and the source from where it originated. Discerning ones constantly find something suspicious in the style of the message reads the hidden agenda and even take suitable remedial measures if it had already caused damage. Auz president never made any anti immigrant laws or announced threat messages against a particular community yet since 2013 message is repeated in media and social websites citing her speech and strict laws against islam in Auz.
    Advent of AI causes fiction looks more real or surrealistic. Difficult to separate chaff from the grain of news.

Viswamitra and satchitananda like this.