Information about family visa..

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by angelkhushi, May 7, 2014.

1. angelkhushi

angelkhushi Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

My husband got a visa for Qatar. i just wanna know how much time it will take to get family visa?? as i want to join my hubby soon. i heard it will take 6 month....please do let me know ...

Thanks

Angelkhushi

2. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi Angel,

If your husband has got his RP (Resident Permit) already, you could come here on a family visit visa, the maximum duration of stay for which is 6 months, and then you could change it to family visa without exiting the country. If you have a school going kid, then admissions are possible only with an RP for the kid and you cannot think about this option, then.

If you want to come directly on a family visa, I think that could be possible only after 6 months as your husband has to submit 6 months bank statement while applying for a family visa.

3. happy_feet

happy_feet New IL'ite

Hi
    I am almost in the same boat. My husband is also in doha and dd n i are in india. We will join him once our visas come through. The procedure is first your husband has to get an RP (resident permit). Then he will apply for your visa under his sponsorship. Once ur visa comes, just book ticket and fly off.

I have also heard that it takes six months to get the rp. But that is not true, my husband got it within 15 days. Now he has applied for our visa, but that i am not sure how long it will take but he was told, it will take 2 weeks i.e. another 15days.

Actually i think it varies from case to case. So hope for the best and keep your fingers crossed.

Bye.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  4. angelkhushi

Hi,

Thanks a lot Madhusharmila and Happy feet for replying.... just wanna know is that if we r on visit visa can we apply in schools.... :)

5. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

You are right ,happy_feet!If your hubby's company is reputed you can get visa very soon.Visa process here varies case to case basis for a few based on certain factors.

All the best to you and see you in Qatar soon!

1 person likes this.
  6. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Unfortunately , you need an RP to apply for visa dear!All the best for your RP process.Hope it would be processed soon.

1 person likes this.
  7. haimeera

haimeera New IL'ite

Dear angelkhushi,

My reply might be a little late. Still thought would share my experience.

In my case, it took full 6 months for us to join my hubby. However, my DH was keen in bringing us in RP. Btw, it took more than 3 months for him to get his RP cleared. My answers might be disappointing to you, but this is my personal experience. So pl don't mistake.

Coming to schools, there are a few schools here which might take Your child in visit visa. One of them being Pearl school. In fact, bhavan's also take children in visit visa. A friend of mine from my apartment has admitted her children in bhavan's and they are still on visit visa.

1 person likes this.
  8. angelkhushi

Hi Haimeera,

Thanks for your answer.... Information is very useful as i can plan to join my hubby soon.
    Angelkhushi

9. angelkhushi

Hi,

Haimeera, where r u putting up in qatar ?what is the rent for 1bhk in ur area???

Thanks

10. haimeera

haimeera New IL'ite

Hi angelkhushi,

I stay at Musherib. I guess it is around QAR. 4500. I am not sure though.