Info on Schools (& Housing)

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by vrchan, Apr 19, 2010.

1. vrchan

vrchan New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

We are in the US for the past 14 years and considering moving to chennai sometime this/next year. I'm posting this seeking information on two things:

1. Schools in chennai
    2. Housing in Chennai

Schools in Chennai: I have two kids - a third grader and a kindergarderner and looking for schools with a light syllabus - preferably montessori/international; offer choice for second language and extra curricular activities. I have a friend who has kids attending Vaels Billabong. I believe I have heard good reviews about Chennai Public School. What are the schools that you would suggest especially since my kids are not used to our method of teaching in TN.
    Housing in Chennai: I'm looking for a 3/4BHK, preferably Villa, that is easily accessible to school that the kids will be going to. I have visited websites for BollineniHillside, Doshi Serene county(their website seems to be virus infected), Clasic (they are sold out) and others but not sure if the commute to school. Do you have any suggestions?
    Even though I'm from chennai, it feels new everytime I visit and am very confused. I look forward to your suggestions/help. Thanks for your time.

Best Regards,
    Vas

Suggestion: Having searched for these info, would you consider having a sticky in appropriate threads that lists/updates
    - all current/upcomings constructions with locality
    - reviews of schools with locality