Infertility for my sister.

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Aana, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Aana

Aana New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

I am doing good. My sister is having a seious issue regarding pregnancy.

My sister & her hubby at present staying in Newyork.

My sisters Husband is having fertility problem.
    But now they planned to conceive with all the fertility process in Newyork itself.

She is having a good insurance.
    But she is afraid how much she has to pay from the hand beyond insurance?

I have seen that many have undergone this process.Could u say me how much it will cost from the hand beyond insurance.
    And on which test she has to undergo more money.
    Expecting Reply.
    And further suggestions are welcome.

Ever friendly
    Aana

2. semi

semi New IL'ite

Hi
    It really depends what kind of treatment and tests she is going through? she can simply call her insurance to speak to them about her treatment and if its cost is covered.. they are very helpful to answer any of your question.
    Beside that she can also talk to hospital or dr's clinic insurance co-ordinater and they can find this information for your sister. this is really simple. Hope it helps
    all the best.
    - semi

3. chinni3367

chinni3367 New IL'ite

Hi Aana,

I am very sorry for your sister . I hope she will conceive soon. my best wishes and prayers always with her.

Infertility treatment intially won't cost much.

Here some tips your sister can try to conceive:

- Buy the ovalation kit and check the most ovalating days for intercourse.

- If her husband is having low sprem count can try every altrenate day.( from day 12 to 24)

If she is planning to go throug the IUI the insurance wont cover that. Normally costs $180- $250. Its good to have frequent IUI's before going to shots. Shots costs $1000-$2000.

Normally if the spouse is having less count Doc prefer to go frequent IUI's. They will put him medications as well as your sister.

But the medicine and doc visits will be covered by insurance.

Nothing to worry. Its worth enought to spend money to have baby. Its very panic situation and have to have patience.

They can go to infertility councelling before starting the treatment. There is nothing wrong go for second opinion regarding this. Hope this helps.

...chinni

4. Aana

Aana New IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks for ur valuable replies.
    My sister has consulted the doctor for fertility treatment.

They have said about IUV and then the embryo treatment(injecting the embryo itself into the uterus).
    Using embryo if she got pregnant in the first time itself means no problem.
    There are chances of miscarriages also possible.
    They will do the embryo treatment for six times by injecting.

Is there any risk in this treatment?
    How much my sister has to spend beyond insurance for this treatment.
    Please let me know.
    Any further suggestions are also welcome.

ever Friendly
    Aana.

5. chinni3367

chinni3367 New IL'ite

Hi There,

I assume your sister gone through all the primary treatments before the embryo treatment which is called In Vitro Fertilization( IVF). Its little expensive. If she is having good insurance that might help to reduce the medical bills. Before going through this process hospitals normally conduct first visit ( or councellling). After that only they will continue the treatment according to the patient decision. Better to talk to insurance agent whether they will cover it or not. Success depends upon the the age factor too. If she is below 35 years old chances of sucess is more compared to 35 above women. Hope this info helps to your sister.

...Chinni

6. yellowlemon

yellowlemon New IL'ite

I am also keen to know the process, I would like to pass on info to my friend, she is so depressed and her hubby is very busy with work and is not able to cater time to try, comes late and is tired and all that, she is too shy even to talk to a gync, hardly opens up, she is not sure if the problem is for her or her husband, I came across some google sites and passed on to her, atleast she is receptive as of now.