1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Infant car seat(Chicco or Graco)

Discussion in 'Infants' started by pradyumnas, May 2, 2014.

1. pradyumnas

pradyumnas New IL'ite

Hi All,

We are first time parents. We are planning to buy new infant car seat. can you guys please suggest which car seat is best for infant babies. Graco snugride click connect 35 car seat or chicco keyfit 30 which one is best. Thank you.

2. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

I have chicco key fit. I choose it because the seat carrier is lighter and it is just nice to switch the whole seat from car to stroller/carrier. After lugging the stroller for a while every pound counts.

3. seety

seety New IL'ite

Gracco is good

4. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Safety rating wise, both Chicco and Graco are good.

After a lot of research and trying to decide between Chicco and Graco, we decided to go with Graco because I did not find it worth it to pay a premium for the Chicco. Chicco is slightly more expensive compared to the Graco. Considering that we had to buy an extra base for our second car, we decided to go in for the less espensive Graco, since the ratings on both infant car seats were similar.

5. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

I have chicco key fit, its very easy to fit into base. Very quick to click in and take out of base, its light weight and sturdy. I love it, bought from buybuybaby,used 20% off coupon. Amazon has more choice of colors. Safety ratings are excellent. My baby loves it too, she's comfortable in it and sometimes sleeps peacefully 2-3 hrs. in it, when we go out. She doesn't even wake up, when we put her in or take her out of car.

I also bought the city mini stroller from BBB and at the time they were offering the car seat attachment free with it. The key fit sits perfect in the stroller and they work great together. The BBB coupon doesn't work with city mini.

If price isn't an issue, spend the extra $$, you won't regret it.

Cooks.

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  6. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

We have chico keyfit 30 and loved it. It is little heavier than graco but much easier to adjust.

7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

We had graco. I don't remember the model anymore but we bought the whole set. It came with infant car seat which was light enough. Clicks easily into the stroller too.

Safety wise, both have very good ratings. The set we bought came with rear facing car seat, front facing booster, stroller and also extra base for the second car for a small price.