Indusladies Goes Mobile!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Induslady, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL'ites,

While we are getting close to celebrating the 11th Anniversary of Indusladies (on March 29th), the team has been hard at work for the last 4 months to bring you an upgraded software platform. It is aimed at significantly increasing the usability of the site. There are a lot of things NEW and here are the top few...

1. Mobile Responsiveness - The site now provides an awesome experience regardless of whatever device you access it with. Smart Phones/Tablets/Desktop - no matter what size screen you are viewing with, the text, images and navigation will size fluidly. The software gracefully rearranges things on the site to make sure your mobile experience is amazing.

2. Fast - The software is written on a much better code base that you will instantly see the difference in speed of the site between the old and the new platform. Check it out!

3. Alerts - This replaces the earlier notification system. Even though it does the same job of notifying you of things that is relevant to you, it does it in a much more intuitive way. AND, it works in mobile too. Hurrah!

4. Media - Photos and videos are going to play a bigger role going forward. It is organized more prominently and it surfaces in more places. And we fixed a huge issue - uploading images from a mobile phone is a breeze. Try to upload one and see.

5. Trophy Points - This is a biggie. Member statuses (Silver, Gold, etc.) are going to be based not just on Post Count, but also on Media Uploads and Likes Received. You are going to have fun figuring this out!

6. Profile Posts - Similar to status updates in Facebook, we are going to now have status messages as profile posts. It is an easy way to keep each other updated on life's little things. It will be fun.

7. Following / Followers - How cool it will be to follow your favorite people in the Community? Get a personalized News Feed by adding Following & Followers to your Profile Page. Keeping yourself updated of the members you care about is a lot more easier now.

There are probably quite a few other small things here and there. If you found some little feature that you thought was nice, do share it in this thread. Also, don't forget to get a NEW CUSTOM AVATAR for yourself! You would be needing one if you used a Generic Avatar earlier.

We hope that you enjoy the New & Improved Features of the Site on a Newer Software Platform. Please share your feedback below. We have been working non-stop for the last few days and we all are going to take some rest now :)

Laxmi, Ramya, Malathy & Jey
    The Indusladies Team

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016

2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations on the launch of IL on the new platform. Already loving the cool features like trophy points and increased speed on mobile platform. Glad to be a part of this great community. Thank you IL Team for this incredible work.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

New IL is excellent, Congratulations, will come back with my views later, as I am getting used to it. So many new features, liked the trophy points and Alerts. Thanks So much Malathy and Jey and Indusladies team, you have done a great job. Three cheers to you all. Its not an easy job. Now I will be more addicted

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations IL. Just dig this new look and all the new features.

Anisu and IL_Admin like this.
  5. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Congrats due to the revised updated platform. Yet to get used to it. Look forward to some great interaction. Thanks IL Team.

IL_Admin likes this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Looks good. Has an uncluttered feel to it.

The Inbox (Conversation) looks like all can read. Missed a few heartbeats.. then back to steady pace. :)

Induslady and IL_Admin like this.
  7. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Nah...nah...it's totally Private Conversation - with one or many, you may choose!
    Glad your back in pace :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2016
  8. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

The new look is very good and interesting . one thing what i noticed is that when i checked the home page from laptop the front screen was showing the old woman images but when i went to any thread or post discussion it showed up the new images.
    When i looked IL from mobile it shows the new images in the front screen.
    Where will it subscribed threaded and control panel look like.

Browsing IL and getting used to it

9. inboxsweetee

inboxsweetee Gold IL'ite

10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I cannot describe the pleasure of being able to delete an outdated poll! :D Saw the new site on mobile first. Looks very attractive. Loving the new interface and features.

Congratulations admin team! Great work!

PS: Some more smilies please. :)

IL_Admin likes this.