Indusladies.com in India New England

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by geeta_sathish, Nov 12, 2007.

1. geeta_sathish

geeta_sathish Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I am delighted to share a great news with you all...'IndusLadies.com' is in the news again. :cool2:

An article about IL is featuring in the "News" section of India New England in their Nov 2nd 2007 edition. The online version of this article can be found here:

Web site to help Indian women meet others

Please use the following link to read the article if the above page does not show up:

1. Go to India NEw England main page by clicking on the following link :
    http://indianewengland.com/me2/default.asp
    2. Click on the link News in the left column 2nd menu
    3. Scroll down to see our article with our logo listed at the bottom of the page
    4. Click on the title of the article and it will take you to the actual article page

Let's get ready to welcome all the new members who join our community after reading this article.

Cheers,
    Geetha Satish

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hey Geetha,

Thank you for your great efforts and good work in getting the article about IndusLadies published in India New England.

Special thanks to Kara Becker, reporter of India New England to get the news about our site published in their journal.

Also, I would like to thank Shanvy, Pravina, Sudhavnarasimhan, Selvi, Shobanag and Vandhana for sharing their opinions about IndusLadies to Kara Becker. It definitely prvoed to be a great input to get the article about our site published in their journal.

Malathy

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi geetha,

Thanks for sharing....

Malathy,

congrats...wishing more laurels your way....great times ahead....all the best....

4. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Congrats Malathy and all ILites who have made this happen!! Way to go!!

5. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

IndusLadies in NEWS....

Issue Date: November 1-15, 2007, Posted On: 11/9/2007

Web site to help Indian women meet others

By KARA BECKER [​IMG]There is a new networking Web site for the rapidly growing demographic of Indian women living in the United States and around the world.
    Indusladies.com provides information on topics such as where to find the best hair care or how to cook certain Indian dishes — or just to talking about the difficulty of raising children of the second generation.
    The site was launched two years ago by Malathy Jey. Jey got married and moved to the United States in 2004 after working at the Ford Motor Company in India for six years. She began Indusladies.com a few months after she moved. She currently lives in Austin, Texas with her husband and fifteen month-old daughter Kavya.
    When Jey first moved, she wondered if others from her home country felt as disconnected as she did.
    “With so many Indians already in the United States, I thought that I would feel at home here,” Jey said in a press release. “However, the lack of people density, the eerie silence in U.S. neighborhoods and the inability to meet friends and relatives in person made me feel rudderless. While American neighbors are good, I felt myself reaching out to Indian lady friends to share my life. That’s when the light bulb went on! If there is an online community for Indian ladies living in different parts of the world, wouldn’t it be a great place for all of us to hang out, share things and make friendships?”
    The global online community of Indian women is free and purely self-funded by the administrator. The site currently has 11,300 members, according to Geetha Sadish, the public relations manager of Indusladies.com. Sadish hopes the Web site’s membership will eventually reach 100,000. Indusladies.com is also looking at possibly including more ads that would directly apply to Indian women.
    Pravina Ghaghada, a member who lives in the United Kingdom, praised the networking site.
    “As we all aspire to build new lives abroad, we miss our culture and the social side of our communities... With the Indusladies.com website, I find that ladies can share their thoughts from simple things to more complex issues. I have come across so many young ladies who find solace in pouring their hearts out from issues concerning difficult spouses, in-laws, anxiety about settling into new countries, cooking, health issues etc. The mature way in which the senior ladies have responded is excellent and they have really created an open and honest forum that Indian ladies can draw upon as an invaluable source of advice and information,” she said in an e-mail.
    Some members say IndusLadies.com has also helped them make new friends.
    “We are all attached to each other,” said Shanthi Vyas from Chennai. “We are happy when somebody has a baby. We are all sad when somebody is in a problem or has lost somebody. There are miracles happening from the power of joint prayers from the kind hearted souls of Indus ladies. I have made friends, beyond frontiers. It has helped me to widen my horizon.”

6. rkalpana

rkalpana New IL'ite

Hai geeta,

congrats.......i appreciate the efforts u have taken.....

with luv

kalpana:hatsoff

7. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hey,

Congrats to all and I am very happy to be in this team..... great effort:party REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!!!!1

8. jaishree

jaishree New IL'ite

Hello everyone,

It was indeed wonderful to read about IL becoming known abroad among the I ndian ladies there.Yes its true Indians out in foreign countries feel cut out from their culture and activities in their hometown.Hence this IL community is a real welcome all out of India.Good luck and lets hope we come closer to each other.
    Jaishree Rajagopal
    Kochi.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2007
  9. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Hats off to all ladies who have contributed sooooooooooooooooo......... much

Love
    Padma

10. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am really happy to hear that a writing about our website was published in te magazine.Great team work.Special Appreciation to all those who made it happen by their contribution.keep coming up with many such happenings in the future.