1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Indus Valley to Incredible India

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I concede sir! I know materialistic and spiritual world are different. Very few are born with that intelligence to look at life spiritually from the moment of birth or as early as possible sir. It is the materialistic world that could eventually lead us to our "true potential" and I do agree Dharma is the starting point and may be should be the guiding principle as we go through the other two before we get to moksha. I do have a lot of questions still sir and I am afraid that the thread is already going off topic - my apologies!

2. mahaluckganesh

mahaluckganesh New IL'ite

Awesome post Mr cheeniya. In fact this is the first post I just read of yours and it is really incredible!!!. I mean in the true sense. Yes, you have aptly put in words the state in which our country is today. All of us feel apathy and sympathy for all the things going around us but how does one help in getting the situation better? News channels have become a direct means of going into depression. Newspapers are flooded with all the depressing news except for the supplements that come along which are a relief to read. it has some information which can if not help you at least make us relaxed.
    Indus valley to Incredible India to Impossible India.....

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you mahaluckganesh for your warm appreciation. And a hearty welcome to my Ramblings.
    I earnestly hope that you will continue your participation in this colourful forum unlike your previous tryst with IL of which you have made a mention in 'Who am I?' thread.
    You must be Ganesh with an enormous amount of luck all your life or you must be Mahaluckshmi who must be an enthusiastic numerologist. Not much light is thrown on this subject in your profile!

I consider all news channels as the Kalki Avatar from the manner in which they go about their annihilation work! It is a pity that they have no time for turning their focus on the good things that are happening in society but then we can't blame them either. Good news is no news for them nor they have any market value. The TV panelists are at their eloquent best when they sit in the AC studios of TV stations to discuss mass rape and suicide squads. The spiritual content of their programmes is restricted to some thirty minutes before sun rise for the benefit of septuagenarians like me sitting and twiddling our fingers wondering how the day can be spent!

Talking of supplements, I must confess that I am an avid reader of The Hindu and I finish off all the supplements before I take up the main pages for the news of all rapes, scandals, corruption and political wrangles to stay in power. Impossible India sounds better than Incredible India!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri sir
    I came back from work and am positng this..so deleted my morning post as it is now irrelevant.

True Sir. However, we were talking about India's current state and to me corruption is so rampant that it has invaded all parts of life, even seeing God in a temple. I remember that during my younger days taking bribe was considered wrong and all bribes were given surreptitiously. Slowly people started accepting it and now people are openly demanding it. I can only give medical seats as an example because many of my family members have been affected by this.

Perhaps there are more things that are going on in India which maybe equally harmful but to me all atrocities can be covered under and because of corruption.

Again sir, I am referring to the developments in relative terms only. From the past to the present. During the time of Annamacharya who sang "brahmamokate" and during the time of "Nandanaar", the "lower" caste were not allowed to enter temple premises itself. Compared to that period now that kind of treatment is not so prevalent.
    That is what I am referring to. Social changes take many generations to happen; so I am giving some time for this.
    As you said there are laws sir, but why are they not followed? Because of corruption.

Trust I have made my position clearer. I think you also know what I explained above; perhaps you are just contradicting for discussion sake. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

6. Cutiesri

Cutiesri Gold IL'ite

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya sir,

As is my wont, I am late. But, even at the risk of repeating myself I must say coming late has its advantages! Last things first! Enjoyed your reply (retort?) to Anita, much too much. Looks like that girl has stumped you with her brevity, something that all the others with their long and impressive inputs didn't manage to do!

So I see that a younger 'Cheeniya mind' is in the making. How could I forget that your little grand daughter too stumped you with her short but effective question! But then, I read a very impressive thread after that and excuse my weak memory.

Incredible India indeed. Always shocking to read the atrocities committed not by criminals, but the so called leaders and elders of our country. But then, you take pains to explain that corruption is nothing new to mankind and even the mighty Roman civilization fell to dust. Reading it in the words of van Loon brought the ruins of the Roman Forum and the Pantheon to my eyes. I remember being deeply impressed and unable to comprehend how such a civilization could be reduced to mere dirt. Can that befall us? Who knows, at the hands of the blindly corrupt politicians, anything is possible.

But then, reading all the posts in this thread penned so meticulously by our friends here, one thing was clear to me- - the darkest hour is before the dawn!
    There is hope in everyone's heart for a better and brighter future. So be it! That's what we wish and pray for our young ones and their future.

Corrupt and evil perhaps do not exist by themselves, they will always have honesty and goodness for company. Incredible India it shall be.

L, Kamla

Once again, I am awed at your literary know how. You must have read one book every day of your life with Ojda keeping a close company...from a distance!! :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
    4 people like this.
  8. Cheeniya

My dear Kamala
    I merely wished to point out that certain things run through the whole history of mankind though in varying degrees. Nandanar was not permitted to enter a Temple but was not butchered as it happens these days in some pockets where the enmity between the Harijans and caste-Hindus is perpetually at flash point! And I can write a separate thread on corruption through the four yugas.

I have gone through more of literature on the decline of cultures than on their rise! It is not my intention to contradict you for provoking a discussion but to point out the tell tale signs of decay. According to my reading, we are comfortably placed at a safe distance from the ultimate debacle but that should not make us complacent.
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

Thank you, Cutiesri
    From not so cutie Sri!

3 people like this.
  10. Cheeniya

My dear Kamla
    When I logged into IL sometime back, I was shocked to see over a dozen 'Likes' and when I went in to my profile to find out who could be in such a lavish mood, I found it was you! Did your finger get stuck on the Like button or you just wanted to pamper me? Anyways, my humble thanks to you.

Dear Anita must have got tired after her long sermons in the Married Life forum and that could be the reason for the briefest FB I ever got! Incidentally, Cutiesri has gone a shade better in her response after Anita! Coming to the subject now, criminals never commit atrocities. They commit only crimes. Atrocities are committed by the self styled leaders of society. I do not know if you had seen Maniratnam's movie 'Bombay' in which he has highlighted this point with telling effect. Please do not entertain any undue fears about our decline. It is quite a way off as I was just explaining to kkrish.

Good and evil are both contributory factors of decline. Too much goodness makes administration immobile and is taken advantage of by evil. Haven't we seen this phenomenon right through the different phases of our history? Will write more about it on a future occasion.

I am awed at your awe for my literary know how. Isn't it extremely easy to impress you?
    Sri

3 people like this.