1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Indigo Powder

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by pari_arun69, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Asha25

Asha25 Senior IL'ite

Re: black hair

Indigo is different than henna. Indigo you dont let it sit you apply to hairs right after mixing with water and salt,then wrap tight with plastic wrap and wait for 2 hours. Anymore than 2 hours kills the indigo blue and makes it go away and just leaves the henna color.

Indigo does feels like putting sand in the hair so you have to make it very drippy and then apply fast to hair. Its tricky stuff,it take me 3 times to get used to it.

2. pavuluris

pavuluris Senior IL'ite

Thank You Asha. That exactly is what has happenned. The henna did not leave much color in my hair. I let it in, for about 3 hours.
    Thank you very much for the FB. I will keep in mind for the next time. Do i have to apply regular henna first for the grey hair and then the indigo powder paste after the henna wash?

Thanks again,
    --Sireesha.

3. SHASHU

SHASHU Bronze IL'ite

Dear Pavuluris,

yes...everytime u need to apply henna. after taking both and when the hair is dry, apply indigo powder, keep for an hour and then take bath. After mixing the indiog powder, you need to apply immediately.

shahsu

4. Lilly07

Lilly07 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shahu and Ashu,
    Thanks for your detailed response. It is very useful for all beginners like me. I have been using henna for the past 2 to 3 years but since the grey hair is increasing in number, I thought that I will give a try with indigo. I have heard about it but not sure whether it is a natural stuff. Thanks.

1.My next query is why can't we mix henna nd indigo together and apply?
    2. Do we need to use any gloves while applying idigo on the hair?
    3. Do we need to use same amount of indigo as we need henna powder to ues... Logically I expect the answer YES!
    4. whatz the price?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  5. SHASHU

SHASHU Bronze IL'ite

Dear Lilly,

1) You cannot mix both the powders together, as it does NOT darken your hair. (I have tried it). BUt pl use oil after both the powders are used, because this makes ur hair very dry. (Oil...in the sense, regular application of little oil).

2) Yes... you need to use gloves.

3) Not necessary. The amount can vary, like you have more grey hairs, then the amt. of Indigo can slightly be more.

4) for the price , will let you know tomorrow as i am writing this from office and the items are at home. (As i got many items from their shop, i do not remember the exact price for this particular item).

Shashu

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  6. Asha25

Asha25 Senior IL'ite

I usually need more indigo than henna cause with indigo the more paste you have on the darker it gets on your hairs.

If you mix indigo with henna you will get a dark brown coloring to it but it never worked for me. I always need to do seperate applications to get jet black with no highlights.

I dont use gloves cause gloves hurt my hair and pull them out so I just do it with my bare hands its easier to handle and I can feel parts I missed. But my hands do turn dark blue for few days but I dont care cause I never leave home anyway :rotfl

7. Lilly07

Lilly07 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Asha and Shashu for your response.

Usually I apply henna through out my hair.. But idigo need not be applied like henna or need to be applied in a very scattered manner? Sorry man.. since I am planning to start, too many queries from myside ...

8. SHASHU

SHASHU Bronze IL'ite

Lily,

I think you need to apply as you apply Henna. Otherwise your hair will look mixture of brown and black. (ie. where ever indigo is not applied then that part will be brown colour (due to henna) and indigo applied part will be black colour).

Its ok...dear, we are here to help each other whenver reqd. and also No. of times reqd.

Regards

shashu

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  9. Asha25

Asha25 Senior IL'ite

Apply just all over like henna to make sure it gets in every place from scalp to ends. Indigo is just a cover up of henna so you have to make sure you get everyplace on your head :)

10. Lilly07

Lilly07 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you so much Sashu and Asha gain :)
    Have a slow and long weekend...