1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Indigo Powder

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by pari_arun69, Mar 20, 2009.

1. offerrp

offerrp New IL'ite

Hi
    I read from mehandi.com that indigo/Neeli when applied on top of Mehandi turns grey hairs black. Well, say it stress or the gift of US, I am all greyed enough at 25.
    Got this Avuri/Neeli powder from a renowned Herbal store in India and had it shipped here. When I put warm water & let it stay aside for sometime, it did not turn blue. It stayed green. Not sure if I can apply it or not. On the packet, it says it helps hair grow black & that it can be taken everyday internally.

Let me know if any of you have come across this /know if it is ok to have it green & still apply. I applyed to portion of my hair (from brush ) and it didnt seem to do any harm - neither did it do any good.

Is it ok if it does not turn blue?

Thanks

2. loopz

loopz New IL'ite

Thank you for ur help i purchased indigo powder , Wonderful effect ...
    First i applied henna then Indigo powder ... :)

I searched a lot for indigo powder in local shoppes But at last i found it on ebay
    For any one is struggling to get indigo can go to ebay.in and get the product there are so many listing in different price ... :)

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  3. sandy4466

sandy4466 New IL'ite

HELLO EVERYBODY
    THANKS FOR ALL GREAT INFORMATION...

I HAVE A QUESTION
    1, if we use only indigo paste without applying henna (previous day) the hair color will become jet black right?
    means by mixing indigo with warm water & salt..
    bcoz my wife needs jet black hairs....

Thanks & Regards
    sandy

4. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

Hello Swetoo,

Thank you for the nice information

Bhavna

5. jeny12

jeny12 Bronze IL'ite

if you apply henna, then no use of applying indigo powder.. it is quite natural for hair..

6. Ganthimathi

Ganthimathi Gold IL'ite

Friends, for the past few years I started using dyes like Loreal and then Revlon. Became allergic to all of them and lost 50% hair. Last week my daughter said no more chemical dyes and I bought Herbal Hair dye by (Praba's) V Care. It says it is 0% chemicals. When I am about to try that I came across this post.

Like to know is it really 0% chemical and your experience of using this V Care's herbal dye.

Thanks in advance

Ganthi

7. ramanmangal

ramanmangal New IL'ite

Re: black hair

Hi Pari,

I have much grey hair, used to apply Godrej's Nupur Mehendi but that would give unwanted red colour. I came across Dr Jain's Greynil powder ( Henna+ Indigo) and have begun just today and hope it gives good results.

but how about i use Godrej's Nupur mehendi and Indigo powder separately, and on alternate occasions? I read in in this reviews that it gives better results. In that case please suggest a good brand of Indigo powder that i can use.
    Thanks in advance,
    Mrs. Raman

8. Ganthimathi

Ganthimathi Gold IL'ite

I started using V Care Herbal hair dye. It has two packs - one is henna powder and the other one is Indigo powder. Two step procedure. It gives good result and no scalp itching after using it.

9. praseenail

praseenail Junior IL'ite

I get my indigo powder from a trusted source that couriers within india to any address that has zip code. it's cash on delivery too so you only need to pay once the product is delivered to your hands. their indigo is purely organic too and has given me great results. i order only from them. if anyone interested you can message me and i will send their contact details.

10. ramanmangal

ramanmangal New IL'ite

HI praseenail, please send me the source of indigo powder please.
    Thanks in Advance
    Raman Mangal