1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indians in Seattle - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Seattle' started by Jey, Jul 3, 2007.

1. narra

narra Silver IL'ite

hi sharmila,
    i think for 10 to 12 mnths you don't need to buy mixie. because you have to buy 110volt mixie for us current .its costly item campared to indain mixies. you can buy "magic bullet" once you are in redmond. see this link for more info:
    Costco - Magic Bullet 25-pc Blender Set

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  2. sharmiladevi

sharmiladevi New IL'ite

Hi Prabhaj and Narra,
    My Husband traveled to Redmond on saturday and checked for a house in Archstone remond campus. That house will be available by this month end.

Sorry for disturbing you both Narra and Prabhaj. I want to know the best brand available over there for some products. As you all have already done research, i could start using them directly.
    - dish washing liquid, detergent powder, floor cleaning liquid, hand wash, toilet cleaner
    - sugar, atta, honey, rice.
    - cookware brand.

I hope pigeon, Johnson&Johnson baby products will be available there.
    Any particular shop where we could get all under one roof in Redmond?

Narra, In which city you are staying? Narra, i want mixie mainly for making idly and dosa batter. whether "magic bullet" can be used for making idly and dosa batter.

Thanks. Once again Sorry, for putting lots of question.
    Sharmi

3. sanmani

sanmani New IL'ite

hello sharmiladevi,

just today i saw this thread. we r also from Erode. which area u r from?
    we r from kollampalayam. here,we r staying at Bellevue. very happy to contact you.

4. sharmiladevi

sharmiladevi New IL'ite

Hi sanmani
    Happy on seeing you are from erode. My Husbands native is perundurai and my mother's home is in surampatti. Where in kollampalayam? My grandma's home is in opposite to carmel school. How long you are in bellevue?
    Thanks
    Sharmi

5. sanmani

sanmani New IL'ite

hi sharmila,

happy to see ur reply. i have been 2 yrs at bellevue, and we r at kollampalayam housing unit. so still ur family at erode? here we r staying at near by Factoria Mall. where r u? it's very nice to meet someone from home town. so, tell me about urself. i'm home maker and i'm taking bharathanatyam class here.that's all about me.:)

regards
    sanmani

6. sanmani

sanmani New IL'ite

hello devi, priya,

i'm staying at Bellevue near by Factoria Mall. we r from Erode. where r u living here? nice to meet u all.

regards
    sanmani

7. shubhasiddharth

shubhasiddharth Bronze IL'ite

Sharmila
    Archstone redmond campus is a nice place to live in. I know a lot many people who stay there..there are lots of Indians and is pretty acessible to the Indian grocery stores.About your question on bringing a mixie, my suggestion would be to bring the preethi mixie from India( you get converted ones that can be used in USA)Magic bullet is just Ok for grinding idli/dosa..I wouldnt highly reccomend it.It depends upon what you want to trade off- if you desperately want home made idli dosas, bring your mixie from India.
    And about the general things needed for the home, there is Fred meyer in Bellevue where you get all things needed for the home.Donot worry about baby products too.May be, you wont get the exact brand that you get in India, but trust me, you get pretty good ones.Good luck with your move.

8. narra

narra Silver IL'ite

hi sharmila,
    I hope you got all the answers you need from shubha:).

Shubha: she said they will be here only 10 to 12mnths. thats why i recommended magic bullet. indian 110volts mixies are morethan 3500.00. most of my frnds are using this one and they said its perfect for idly and dosa batter.

9. sharmiladevi

sharmiladevi New IL'ite

Hi sanmani
    At present I am in erode. My Husband has taken a house in Archstone Redmond campus, Redmond. I am home maker. My son is 18months old. My favorite pastime are making crafts, Listening to music, Surfing net. My sons' passport is not yet ready. So I think we both will be coming there only by September end.

Thanks
    Sharmi

10. sharmiladevi

sharmiladevi New IL'ite

Hi Shubha
    Nice to hear from you. I am getting more comfortable from all ILs' replies and by knowing that there are more Indians in Redmond and Bellevue. I hope Kent is also near Redmond. Thanks a lot.

Thanks
    Sharmi