1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indians in Nashville or Knoxville - Introduce Yourself Here!!

Discussion in 'Indians in Nashville' started by Geetha Ganapathy, Oct 28, 2007.

1. kavitac7

kavitac7 Senior IL'ite

Hi Kapuchu,
    I have started taking my 2 sons to Atlanta almost every Sunday, and so I have not had a chance to visit Nash. for a while. Nice to know there are some ILites around! Never knew what a valuable site this is until recently! Need to warn people: This site may become addictive!!!
    Anyway, if we cannot meet, we can still chat. Will let you know when I am in Nash. next time.
    Bye,
    Kavita:)

2. peacelily

peacelily New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

I am Neha , have been in Knoxville for an year now. I am from Maharastra, India.

Have come to US after marriage. Looking for some Indian friends with whom I can spend some time.

I am new to this website..so I dont know exactly how all things work....but I guess I can catch up.

3. peacelily

peacelily New IL'ite

Re: Anyone from knoxville, TN?...

Hi Manisha,

I am Neha. Have been in knoxville for a year now , came here after marriage. Have a few friends but would like to make new friends too.
    So do write back if you are interested. We can exchange some mails and then can decide if we get along well.

4. kavitac7

kavitac7 Senior IL'ite

hello,
    Are there any ILites who have recently moved to Tennessee viewing this thread? Any one from Chattanooga?

5. rkirtane

rkirtane New IL'ite

Hello Kapuchu, I am in Franklin too...I am quite active in the Ganesha Temple, so do let me know if you would like help. rkirtane

6. svred123

svred123 New IL'ite

Hi
    I'm from Nashville too
    -Shailaja

7. kayalsiva

kayalsiva Senior IL'ite

hi ilites,
    im residing in nolensville pk nashville,is any mom related to vanderbilt university let me know .im looking for a good elementary school with asian community & appartment with indian community in & around vanderbilt .can any one suggest a good elementary school & appartment with walkable distance to school with affordable rent.this is my first post.forgive me if any mistake:coffee

thanks in advance:biglaugh

8. SDeshmukh

SDeshmukh New IL'ite

Re: Indians in West Knoxville

Hey

I have just moved to Knoxville,TN last month from Charlotte. Looking forward to make some frds here...

Manisha, your post is pretty old but I had a suggestion for you. You can so some volunteer work to pass your time.

Smita.

9. SDeshmukh

SDeshmukh New IL'ite

Hey Neha,

How are you doing? How do you like Knoxville? I moved to Knoxville a month back from Charlotte. I am also form Maharashtra although I have been in US for the past 4 years.

I am new to this website. If you are interested we can be frds on Facebook.

Regards
    Smita.

10. SBennett79

SBennett79 New IL'ite

New to IndusLadies from Nashville

Hi All,
    today is my first day on IL!!
    I have lived in Nashville for the past 3 years and i do not have even ONE Indian friend!!!!

I am a Christian originally from Calcutta, but lived in Chennai for most of my school and college years. I Love and miss India so much.

My husband is American and he has two best friends from India from his college in Cookeville. He is from Murfreesboro and moved to Nashville and so we are both only just getting to know people here.

I find it hard to make friends here, in India it is so easy to make friends but i had struggled with trying to get to know people here who see us as a mixed couple and so i guess they do not know how to relate to us.

Anyways , thats a little about me :)
    Hope to make some good connections here