Indians In Melbourne, VIC

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by Shwetaway, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Shwetaway

Shwetaway New IL'ite

Hi All,

My husband and I are looking at moving from Adelaide to Melbourne in the next 3-4 months.We are expectant parents and are hoping to meet couples socially with similar background .

Anyone out there interested in making friends ?

Thanks,
    Shweta :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

2. jeyasutha

jeyasutha Silver IL'ite

hi shweta,first congradulations for your pregnancy.i am living in melbourne western suburbs.i am from tamil nadu.can i know about you? I want to make new friends.can i know,to which suburbs u r going to come here? i am expecting ur reply.thanks

1 person likes this.
  3. Shwetaway

Shwetaway New IL'ite

Hi Jeyasutha,

Thanks for responding. We are looking at western suburbs atthe moment but it might change depending on our work locations. How do you findthe western suburbs ? Have you been there for long ?

At this stage I am looking forward to the move .It will be nice to keep in touchand see if we can catch up once we move over…

Thanks,

Shweta

4. jeyasutha

jeyasutha Silver IL'ite

hi shweta,we are living here for the past 5years.this area is good.but,i could not find the people from tamil nadu.this side most of them north indians or bangalore peoples.can i know,what is ur native place in india?

5. Thania

Thania New IL'ite

Hi Jeyasutha,

I'm Thana from Malaysia (parents are from Namakkal Tamil Nadu). We just got our PR and we(hubby and 2 daughters age 9 & 5) are planning to move in 2014. Well, initial entry date is by 23 Nov 2012. We are planning to fly there (melbourne) in Oct to validate our Visa. Meanwhile I'm also taking the effort to make as many friends as I can before the BIG move in 2014. I'm a bit nervous at the moment thinking how to start all over there!! We only have few friends there and I'm worried we'll be lonely and my girls will start missing their homeland...Since you've been there for 5 years, I'm sure you can share your experience :) TQ

Thana

6. Shwetaanjali

Shwetaanjali New IL'ite

Hi Shweta,

Hope you are well. Have you moved to Melbourne? Congrats on the pregnancy! Guess what! we have quite a few things in common - we are expectant parents as well, with a little one arriving in the next few months, and my name is Shweta too!

We are based in south east Melbourne. Please do reply to this post. We would love to make some new friends.

regards

Shweta

7. Tia22

Tia22 New IL'ite

Hi Shweta,

I have just been through my first pregnancy and can realise how exciting it is to be a mum...so congrats..me also looking for some good friends...have u moved to Mel???...

8. Surya1234

Surya1234 New IL'ite

hi jeyasutha how r ya

9. prithvikishore

prithvikishore New IL'ite

Hi
    Hope you are doing good.
    We are from Chennai.
    I am a dependent PR holder and my wife is primary applicant.
    We (my self, my wife and our 2yr old son) are planning to move to Aus in the 2nd week of Apr'13.
    We got a PR Visa and in that, my wife's old PP number was updated and the PP number is not yet updated in the PR Visa copy. Is that any problem and In what cases we'll get problem.
    Were are you settle in Aus? We are planning to move to Mel. If you settle in some other city please let us know from which city you are and guide us what are the good places to live in your city. If you can guide us for the accommodation places like any good / safe / close to schools "Suburbs" and close to transport.
    We also happy to get accommodation which is 45mins travel to CBD.
    We are waiting for your positive response.
    Thanks
    With regards
    Kishore & Theja

10. aartiag100

aartiag100 New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am from Melbourne and staying in box hill.Would love to make some family friends from nearby suburbs.I have 2 kids 6 and 9.