Indians in Egypt

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by Arunarc, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Nakshatra
    It is a club for the Indian ladies here in Egypt. We meet every month, there will be some demonstration or the other or an outing. We usual meet in any of the members houses. It is like atleast meeting the indian ladies together. Had you been to Dasara or Diwali functions............or if you know anyone from Maadi you can ask any member they will tell you about the club.
    How are you managing with 2 small kids they might be keeping you full time busy right.
    If you had the facility of PM I would have sent you my phone number but can't do that as you have only 4 posts.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  2. devesh2110

devesh2110 New IL'ite

Hi All

This is devesh from India, i am a student of MBA and right now pursuing a study on hair oil market in Egypt, i have some gaps in my study that are given below,
    1. Which are the hair oil brands/products available in Egypt, please mention as many as you know (branded/unbranded)?
    2. What kind of hair oil (Olive or Argan or Coconut etc.) do Egyptians use more often?
    3. What are the different packaging (sizes – 25ml/50ml/100ml etc.) available for the hair oil brands/products? Which one,do the consumers generally buy?
    4. What is the price range for the available packaging (sizes)?
    5. How often do Egyptian males and females use hair oil – daily/once in a week/twice in a week/others (please mention)

if anyone can help me with any inputs on these points or any other valuable insight on Egypt hair oil market it will be a great help for the successful completion of my study

Thanks & Regards

3. Arunarc

Hello Devesh
    This is something that even we will have to do some survey on this:) At this very moment how much I know will add her give me sometime and i can find out for you more information on this. As I am a person who never use oil.
    1 and 2. they use vatika, Dabur Amla, Sunsilk oil, Nefertary, Johnson oil, olive oil, Cleopatra and aroma oil. Here usually people use different types of aroma mix it with the oil and use them. You don't usual get plain cocnut oil.

3. packing usually 50ml, 100 ml and 200 ml packs.

4. It is from 3EP to 25 EP(egyptian pounds) I am giving you approximately. As I already told you I am not an oil user. I will have to visit the shops to give you exact figures.

5. no idea but can find out and let you know in 2 to 3 days.
    Why don't you google search for hair oils in Egypt you might get more information.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  4. devesh2110

devesh2110 New IL'ite

hey Aruna Thanks for the reply ...... it was a great help .... can u plz brief me on a few more insights abt the consumer usage pattern , it will be a great help ....i have tried looking on the secondary space about the facts on hair oil market in Egypt but this segment is not that strong compared to the whole hair care that includes hair creams and gels etc.....thus it was not much of a value addition to my study....

I hope with your help i will be able to make a correct picture about the market scenario in Egypt and the consumer pattern ....

Thanks for the help once again ...plz let me know if you come across any other such input that can be of some help to me ...:)

5. Arunarc

Hi
    These people don't use much oil but as you have mentioned they do use more of hair creams and gels, and it is not like the way we massage our scalp and let the oil remain in our hair.
    But these people apply cream on the hair and steam their scalp and wash it off with shampoo and this is usually done once in 15 days to 1 month. The concept of hair oil is a bit less.
    Anything further queries do put in so that will be able to ask them exactly what you wish to know.

6. lakshmi ganesh

lakshmi ganesh Junior IL'ite

hi friends,

I have posted my doubts regarding egypt trip in my thread "Help us to have a pleasant egypt trip" in "Travel" forum.Pls go through it and clarify me the doubts as soon as possible

thx and regs

Lakshmi.G

7. MrsV

MrsV Bronze IL'ite

Hey ladies in Egypt,

Any recommendations as where I can buy papyrus paintings? I've heard quite a few tourists gets jipped on this.

Thanks!!

8. Arunarc

Hi MrsV
    Nice to know you are visiting Egypt. Best place to buy Papyrus is Khan-el-kahlili but here too you need to be very careful. Becoz you get dulicate ones too. With a very rough texture is duplicate one and a bit smoother one are original ones.
    So when are you planning to visit Egypt.....or already in Egypt??

9. MrsV

MrsV Bronze IL'ite

hopefully mid-february.. :)

10. Arunarc

Hello MrsV
    Sorry for the late reply as at present busy with my son as he has come for his holidays.
    If you are in Indusladies community in orkut or on facebook in indusladies group you will find me you can contact me through this so that when you come down here we can meet. If it is ok with you.
    Have a nice trip.