Indians in Denmark?

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by nirmala1709, Jan 6, 2008.

1. VidhyaArun29

VidhyaArun29 New IL'ite

Hello Nirmala, Vidhya here from bangalore. I am planning to move along with my husband and kid to AAlborg in denmark in another 3-4 months.. I would like to know few things about the place. We are planing to stay for about a year there. After reading your post related to education I have a fair idea. But would like to know, will it better to try for an international school for my kid who is 4 years now? Is the medium of communication is english? She understand english and can talk a little bit. I am worried about her education? Also am curious to know about if we will get all indian groceries, vegetables there? I have humpty number of questions but dont want to bother you much on my first post. Appreciate any response from you. Have a greeat day.. Vidhya

2. nirmala1709

nirmala1709 New IL'ite

Hello Vidhya - I have just googled some information from the website of international school in Aalborg and also the Internatioanl Nursery (Kindergarden) school. Your daughter should complete 5 years in order to join in an international school. As your daughter is only 4 years she can easily join in an International Nursery school. The school year starts from August. The medium of education is always in English in an International school or nursery school. Do not worry about your daughter. As soon as she joins the Nursery she will learn quickly to speak English.

Regarding indian groceries, vegetables etc. you have nothing to worry. We have several oriental shops here and you can buy almost all Indian groceries and vegetables. Every Thursday you can buy fresh vegetables too. I guess you speak Kannada as you are from Bangalore.

I hope you got the answer for your questions. Have a great day.

Nirmala

3. VidhyaArun29

VidhyaArun29 New IL'ite

Hello Nirmala,
    Thank you for taking time to respond me. I felt comfortable reading your reply. I hail from Tamilnadu eventhough settled in bangalore for past 5 years..I am a tamilian. Here are few more questions.
    1. What is the cost of living in Aalborg? How much Krone is required per month for 3 people to live in Aalborg? [I mean for a husband, wife(not working) and a 4 yr kid to lead a comfortable life how much Krone is required per month?]

Food and groceries -
    Transportation -
    Schooling -
    Basic amenities (like electricity,water, internet,GAS connection etc) -
    Medical expenses - ( Concerned more as we ahve 4 yr kid)
    Rent - 4000 Krone for 1 BHK apartment within city center ( I got this info from one of site) . Correct me if am wrong?

2. Is it possible to live with family without a car?Is there any public transportation available to buy groceries etc.

Appreciate your response. Have a great day!!

Thanks
    Vidhya

4. VidhyaArun29

VidhyaArun29 New IL'ite

Hope u r busy. Pls tell me monthly expenses includinh international schol fees

5. VidhyaArun29

VidhyaArun29 New IL'ite

Hello Nirmala,
    Could you pls let me know if

How much will be total expenses for veg family(2+1 child) to live in aalborg that includes Rent+Basic amenities( like elect,cable,water, drainage)+food+international scholing+transportation = ??.
    IS it true even today that first 1 year there will be no tax deducted in aalborg,denmark?
    This will help us to decide if we will be able to live comfortably as we live here in india.
    Thanks
    Vidhya

6. Jdoraa

Jdoraa New IL'ite

Hey guys,
    is here somebody who lives in Copenhagen? It´s really urgent, would be great to hear form you soon :)

7. MKhaleel

MKhaleel New IL'ite

Hello, Nirmalaji,

Hope you are doing well.

Am from Hyderabad, India, my daughter applied for Denmark green card, her application in under process, she is M.COM, M.B.A.

I would like to know is Denmark nice and safe place for a single young lady to stay and work

Kindly respond to my query

Regards

S M Khaleel

8. MKhaleel

MKhaleel New IL'ite

9. soumj

soumj New IL'ite

Hi all.. I am sowmya from Denmark.. I have recent moved here in Randers with my husband.. Would like to know if any Indians are living in Randers.