Indians in Denmark?

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by nirmala1709, Jan 6, 2008.

1. nirmala1709

nirmala1709 New IL'ite

Hi Sandhya

I am not sure about the SAP market here. But I have seen some job vacancies for sap consultants. You may have a good chance and try your luck.
    How old are your children? Children can adjust anywhere at any time. Any country is good for any children and it all depends on how you bring them up. I have three grown up daughters and all are doing wonderful. Denmark is a cold country and right now it is snowing snowing snowing and snowing..........Last week I slipped on the snow while walking with my dog and hurt my head and back. Since then I am suffering from severe headache. So I hate the danish cold weather and snow. But the snow looks beautiful from inside the house.

Best of luck to you in your attempt. Take care.

2. Sansri2010

Sansri2010 New IL'ite

Hi Nirmala,

Thank you very much for your reply. I am so glad to get a reply from you. I am yet to have a kid. I got married recently. But, still had a concern abt kid's life at Denmark because we were thinking for longterm. We are working out on getting our PR. I hope we get it soon.

Thank you once again for your reply. We will keep in touch.
    Hope to see you soon in Denmark. :)
    Do take care, since it is too cold out there.

Regards,
    Sandhya

3. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

HI Nirmala:

Love the way you take pains to reply every post here.

I'm sure those who post their queries here really appreciate your help.

Was concerned that you had a fall - I can imagine how painful the falls on snow can be. Have you been to a doctor? I hope so - since falls can affect you in strange ways (happened to my aged father couple of months ago and he is yet to recover from it). This is not to put you into panic mode. You say you have severe headaches hence the opinion.

Sindhu

4. nirmala1709

nirmala1709 New IL'ite

Hi Sindhurao

Thanks for your concern. I am sorry to hear about your father. I hope he is allright now. I am feeling much better now after taking some painkillers. I too fell down last year and it took long time for me to recover from that. I underwent two operations one on my wrist and the other one on my shoulder. I was on sick leave for more than six months. Anyhow nothing serious happened and I feel ok.

I celebrated Christmas Eve with my family today and enjoying the christmas holidays till Monday.

As you are from Bangalore do you speak any other language other than Kannada and English? I had been to Bangalore twice.

Best of luck in your attempt in getting PR. Take care. Enjoy your life.

Keep posting. :)

5. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Dear Nirmala:

So glad to know that you are alright and the fall was nothing serious. My father is much better though the fall has had its effects.

Nice to know that you celebrated Xmas eve with family. Have a wonderful holiday with your family:).

Was that recently that you visited Bangalore? How did you like the city?

Other than Kannada and English, I speak Hindi fluently and a smattering of French. I understand a bit of Marathi, Tamil and Telugu.

Not attempting to get a PR, quite happy living in India:)

Thanks
    Sindhu

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  6. nirmala1709

nirmala1709 New IL'ite

Hi Sindhurdao

Sorry I was mistaken. I thought you were Sandhya so I wrote about the PR. I have not been to Bangalore recently but I was in Hyderabad last October on a month leave. I too can understand Kannada but cannot speak. I like Bangalore city very much. I was there in 2004. I may be coming to India again next year. My niece is getting married in February in Hyderabad.

While living in Hyderabad during 70s one of my neighbour couples were Kannadians. They did not have any children so they used to treat me like their own. I learnt to prepare bisibelahulianna from them and that is my favourite. They were very good people and I do not know where they are now. But I think of them quite often.

Christmas in Denmark is celebrated several days. So today is the first Christmas Day and we are going to visit my inlaws to wish them. They are 89 and 86 respectively. They cannot move much from their residence. Tomorrow being second Christmas day my daughters will be there again and I have invited some friends a couple for lunch followed by a gift game, a very interesting one. So Christimas is almost celebrated the whole month of December here with different traditions. I love the chirstmas traditions here.

Have a nice day. Take care.

Kind regards
    Nirmala

7. nirmala1709

nirmala1709 New IL'ite

Hi Kushuma

How are you? Did you find the spice items etc. you have been searching for? How do you like Odense? I hope you are doing fine. How do you find the weather in Denmark? I guess you too have Christmas holidays now. Take care of yourself.

Kind regards
    Nirmala

8. cxrmike

cxrmike New IL'ite

Hi Nirmala,

First and foremost I apologize if this forum is meant only for females...as I'm a male.
    I couldn't find a good forum for discussion other than this so I chose this to post my questions.

I'm a SAP consultant with 5 yrs experience and planning to apply for Visa under greencard scheme (I qualify based on the points) in Feb 2011 and I'm trying to get some information.

Do you have any idea about SAP jobs in Denmark ?
    How big is the Indian community, do we find lot of Indians or are we all by ourself ?
    I also heard that the tax rates are very very high around 50%, is this true ?
    If that is the case, what are we going to save if we pay 50% to govt. If possible can you please give me the tax brackets if I earn 40000 DKK per month. If I want to stay in Copenhagen, how much will I save if my gross is 40000 DKK per month ?

I've lived in US for 4 yrs. How is the life style in Denmark, compared to US ?
    I'm an Indian from Bangalore. How do you compare India life with Denmark ?

Honestly, you are really doing a fantastic job, Keep it up !
    I hope I will get a response back from you.

Thanks,
    cxrmike

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  9. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

No problem at all, Nirmala.

Hope you had a wonderful holiday. Wishing you a very Happy New Year 2011 to you and to your dear ones.

So you were in Bangalore in 2004, you will find a lot of changes in the city landscape when you are here next time - more concrete and less trees:) Are you here in February 2011? Do drop a line when you are here. It would be nice to meet you.

I do hope you connect with your old neighbours. It is always nice to get back in touch.

Interesting to know that Christmas in celebrated in Denmark almost over a whole month. Wow!

Hope your in-laws are doing well. Amazing to know that they are at ages 89 and 86!

Bye now and take care.

Sindhu

10. sravan22

sravan22 New IL'ite

Hi Niramal garu,

Iam sravanthi from hyderabad.Recently i got work permit under green card visa .I am one of the software professional & had 4 years of work experience on dotnet in hyd.Now i am planning to come to denmark.I dont know anyperson in that country.

can u guide me abt software job oppurtuinities & accomdation & life in denmark.

Iam very thankful if u give me reply