Indians in Adelaide Australia

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by vanitha335, Aug 3, 2012.

1. mkgera

mkgera New IL'ite

Hi... I m migrating to Adelaide in the month of September. Need to interact with those already there... hope to see ur reply.
    Regards
    Monica

2. mkgera

mkgera New IL'ite

HI. I am Monica , recently got our PR VISA granted n planning to migrate with my family in d month of September. I will b thankful if u can provide me with ur email ID, so as to clear my doubts regarding the place.
    Thanks

3. packiyalakshmi

packiyalakshmi Junior IL'ite

hi monica
    im packiya living in adelaide for more than two years before that we were in sydney, but i like adelaide the most. this is a peaceful place and the rent and cost of living is much cheaper than sydney/ so dont worry adelaide will be a best place to settle with family
    thanks
    packiya

4. mkgera

mkgera New IL'ite

Hey...
    Thanks for the reply...
    Good to know that u reside in Adelaide since last 2years. Need to know about some locations which r near to CBD, moreover safe and convenient to commute from One place to another as I am migrating with my husband and a 3 years old child. Would be thankful if u can suggest some good play school for d child.
    Regards
    Monica

5. packiyalakshmi

packiyalakshmi Junior IL'ite

I'm residing in Marion where we can see lots of Indians and ganesh temple as well. It's 20 minutes drive to city and very fluent public transport and child care centres, schools and shopping mall, medical centre everything in walkable distance. If u want little more closer to city u can look near west Torrens area.where u can find some more Indian community. Otherwise u can go another side of city like mod bury, mawsonlakes that suburbs also very closer to the city.

6. mkgera

mkgera New IL'ite

Thanks again!!!!
    We have recently booked our apartment at Everard park for initial 20 days and will look for an apartment to stay for the later permanent stay as we land there.
    Kindly suggest some of the good play school details(only if u can).
    I have send u message on facebook messenger. Kindly have a look.
    Regards
    Monica

7. lazydesi

lazydesi Senior IL'ite

Hi monica,

First of all welcome to Adelaide.

Why you are looking to rent a apartment? You can rent a unit or townhouse for similar rent you are paying for apartment.

Good or bad playschool is hard to judge. Its a playschool where kids are going to play and make friends. You can send your kid to community play school or private play school.

8. lazydesi

lazydesi Senior IL'ite

Thanks for posting positive about lovely Adelaide

9. Shuks

Shuks New IL'ite

Hello Ladies - Greetings ! Iam Vivek & We are a family with 2 kids (7yrs & 1yrs). We have got our PR in 2015 but have not moved to SA yet. We are based in Vietnam right now.

With my work etc..I will not be able to move to Australia but plan to relocate wife and Kids.

Need your help and guidance in

1. Which place in Adelaide safe and with good Indian community for a family to live ?
    2. My elder daughter is in Year 3 so kindly also guide on good schools in the community.
    3. As the children are small and I will not be there with them, hospitals and daily grocierices shops should be near by.

Any guidance will be of big help.

Thanks
    regards
    Vivek

10. mkgera

mkgera New IL'ite

Hi...
    Thanks for ur reply, recently v have booked an apartment for initial 20 days, at EVERARD PARK. W e will b looking for an apartment/unit when v land there (on 2nd September 2017).
    Thanks