Indian women can we pursue our dreams

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by lakshmilife, Feb 9, 2010.

1. lakshmilife

lakshmilife Junior IL'ite

Dear Friends,:)

My title of thread seems to be confusing but could not find more suitable one.As a child we were asked what would you like to be and we used to always have an answer for it.Infact we used to answer this till we were not into family.:drowning

But at 32 with two kids and home to take care of if some one ask me my ambition i really donot know before thinking what do i become 15 years down the lane lot of other stuff clog in and the question no longer exist.So I ask my self that did the question in it self has no meaning now.I have mentioned my experience of self talk above but i feel it should be true with most of us.

Grooming and mentoring the new generation is prime responsibility of all mother but responsibility and dreams are they the same.Is it right to follow our dreams or just sacrifice and concentrate only on our responsibilty.Most of working women if you ask them will be working only for financial independnce but if you ask them about their ambition answer would be similar to a house wife.:frown:

Same time if you ask men they would be very clear of their plan for next 15 years most of them might be nurturing dreams and also must have planned to achieve them.I want to use this platform to kindle the thougt process of many of you guys and find out why do we give up our dreams so soon.:idea

I always wanted to own a self sustaining farm that was my ultimate dream i have just lost track of it in last 6-7 years.If there are people out there who share a similar situation lets see if there is a way to nurture our dreams along with responsibility.

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    dreams have no time limit.its not that they are to be fulfilled within next 5 years or 10 years.i love the dialogue in DDLJ where Farida jalal tell her daughters'sapna dekho per unke sacch hona ke sharat nat rekho'dream but don't put a condition that all should turn true.
    over the years dream change get modified & we should adjust with them .after all u must have also dreamed of getting married & have lovely kids.wasn't that fulfilled.then u are in different country & that may have been ur dream as teen ager.well, its always good to count ur blessings & do that constantly to remind ourself what dreams have come true.
    u are only 32(so am i &have 2 kids) still many good things are waiting to happen & will happen.wait for them with welcoming smile .
    though i have not dreamed about farm but do dream about owning an apple orchid.who knows it will be fulfilled down the time lane.its good its not happening now as then i would be worried about kids education which would not have been possible at apple orchid.
    keep dreaming
    pragati

3. munnikusum

munnikusum Bronze IL'ite

yes we should go forward to do that. Before adulthood hardly parents allows their girl child to take any decision. After completing education if she works or not she supposed to get married. Married means family and growing up kids. A long time of her life passes doing all this. When she gets little free time to think about her dreams then she feels it is too late to think now. But they should go ahead to fulfill that may be a part, but that will give her a kind of satisfaction. For example if once dream was to be lecturer and after a period of time she is not eligible to join for the age then she should start coaching or tutorial classes. So all the women have some special quality or skill that she can do. Even who don't have any skill they should move ahead for charity, not only by donating money or old clothes but guide helpless people to find their way. And in this way may be all the dreams cannot be fulfilled but a kind of satisfaction can get.

4. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lakshmi,
    It is a thought provoking post.
    Are Indian women encouraged to pursue their dreams? No, not nearly as much as they should be. Therefore, it is vital that indian women categorize their dreams and goals: some dreams are time sensitive, others require a major change of lifestyle, and some involve other people. As the sayings go, "if you can't see it, you can't be it," and "if you don't plan, then you plan to fail." Most incredibly successful people made a plan and followed it.Indian Women should not play the blame game and place the responsibility for accomplishing their dreams with someone else. We all have free will and the right to pursue happiness. Women are free to pursue their dreams and conquer the obstacle we call life; however, sometimes they could use a little encouragement.
    with love
    pad

5. smitakamble

smitakamble New IL'ite

hi.

definitely indian women can pursue thier dreams. men are very clear in their dreams. as you said , they know they that in 15 years what they want to achieve. in the same way , women can also be clear about their priorities. they should be well determined to make their dreams come true. they should be committed towards it. after marriage they tend to supress their own desires and whine later. they should keep up the spirit and find the ways to fulfill their wishes. instead of giving up easily, women should start slowly and soon they will get what they want. bye

6. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  7. alkasingh

alkasingh New IL'ite

Don't let your dreams die down, no matter what. Instead, begin working on it to make it come true.

8. lakshmilife

lakshmilife Junior IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks Alka,Sai,Padmini,Kusum and Pragati for all of yours wonderful comments and perspectives. I hope it will give great push to all who have given up dreaming.One of the hardest things to do is to keep dreaming when every thing else seems to be working against you.This is a critical time because ehis is when a lot of people simply give up.

A delay doesn't mean a denial, so keep pushing! :thumbsup

9. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]
    that's what the meaning of dream is....If at all it was readily available and easily get-able would we call it as a dream ?? There would be no fun in the game then dear[/JUSTIFY]