1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Indian Movies!!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by yamusarna, Oct 4, 2007.

1. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Watching movies is the best thing I do, to kill time. I watch all kind of movies. But there are a few movies that have made a lasting impression on me.

I like Kabhi alvida na kehna by karan Johar when the whole country was discussing how scandalizing it was. I liked it because, the movie taught me to see the good things in my husband. I kept thinking why Rani mukherjee left her husband...and realized that she kept looking in him what she wanted and forgot to see the lovely chilish things he did...

I can practically go on discussing about that movie...but the real reason i started this thread is to discuss the Movie- Life in a Metro.

It is another excellent movie according to me.It has all ingredients of a successful movie, and is about relations.

But the question that kept my mind busy was, Is extra marital affairs so common these days in India? Is our society really changing that fast?

The way the extra marital affairs is depicted in the movie.... It is as if, none of those who indulge in it, have a feeling of guilt(I am talking of the series of phone conversation in the movie, for booking the Flat). I havent see this happening even in a hollywood movie. There is always this feeling of guilt. Also, it is depicted as if to advance in career it is important to offer such services.

I was kind of taken aback on watching the way the dialogues were written for that scene.

I will not bore you all any further. I would like to know the state of affairs in India right now with respect to extra marital affairs.....

I am beginning to think....if I have been away from India very long.....and if India will be the same when I get back...

With the India shining image...... did Indian culture waning also start?

Awaiting discussion and your responses....It doesnot matter if you havent watched the film.....

2. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi Yamuna

You know India change a lot...i think extra-marital affair has always existed...in older times it add prestige to men having a mistress...... now with the tv and serials....india catch up with europe....

i think we who r brought up in foreign country are more conservative than those in india.

what do u think?

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi yamuna,

I think you are still thinking of india in bygone days. we have changed or changing a lot. our outlook at life has changed.

Here, i will quote about a report i had read last year. "One office in deep south...if they just get into the mood.here they means the ladies in the office and the males...it is permutation and combinations in the office itself :eek..go to a house that is rented by the office people..enjoy and come back...no guilt or anything...it is something that i could not digest when i read..."

4. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Even I feel that India is changing so fast. It is just trying to adopt western culture with out thinking whether it is good or bad.
    For eg. Females smoking, drinking. Everybody knows it is bad for health, but it has become fashion.
    Same way of dressing.... everybody wants to wear low hip jeans and a tank top...
    Even the extra marital affairs, pre marital sex... have become so common and people are accepting it.

5. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Dear Huma, Puni88 and Shanvy,

Thanks for the response. I too read an article that teenage abortions are on a high and people are indulging more and more in Pre marital sex.

Truly, I dont know how to respond......