1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indian Mixie - Where to buy in bay area?

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Bay Area' started by writeme, Mar 6, 2008.

1. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Can someone suggest me any shops around bay area where we get Indian brand mixers? I heard there is one shop in Sunnyvale. Any clues? Which is the best available brand in mixer?

2. csailaja

csailaja Senior IL'ite

hai writeme,

you get the electronics items in

KUMUD ELECTRONICS
    1053 E El Camino Real Ste 4
    Sunnyvale, CA 94087
    PHONE NO: (4082497343)

3. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

hi,

preethi chef ro plus is very good in indian brand.

4. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Thankyou Sailaja & Kritika, I'll surely try this place!!!

5. IndusGuy

IndusGuy New IL'ite

KUMUD ELECTRONICS will sell a 110 volts of the Sumeet mixie which is the best one you can buy here or in India.

Don't settle for anything less. It costs a lot but Kumud can
    get it serviced from Canada if you have an issue.

6. sirishayakkala

sirishayakkala New IL'ite

hi

Eastwest electronics in sunnyvale is also good..i bought my mixie there 2 yrs ago

7. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Hi sirishayakkala,

Can you please tell me which brand mixie you bought? I heard tat Preeti Mixie is very noisy.. Any comments from those who use it?

8. C_Saratha

C_Saratha Senior IL'ite

i have preeti chepro for 3 yrs. no issues. superb job!! got an juice extractor with it too!!
    but i did not get it here.. got it in India.

9. tap0shi

tap0shi New IL'ite

Hello Everybody,

I have been in the US for 13 years. I had bought a Sumeet Mixie from India in 2003 January. It cost aproximately $120. In April 2008, it's life ended and it does not work anymore. So I am happy that I could get 5 years of use out of it. No Complaints. I am thankful.

Now in the last 13 years, we have bought 6 mixies including the Sumeet. If we added up all the money we spent on the mixies, it would be way over $600. They all blew up at some point of time.

So, this time we bought a mixie called Vita-Mix. It costs some money - like $400 at Costco Road Show. But it is worth every cent. It is the mixie that is commercially used at all the Starbucks and Jamba juices. It has a 7 year warranty. If it breaks in 7 years, just send it to them, they will repair it for free and send it back to you. No Charges.

So, if you can afford a budget to buy a mixie that will be a really good investment into your family's health in the years to come, I shall suggest this mixie.

So, if you are at Costco next time and see the Vita-Mix road show, stop by and see what all it can do.

Instead of buying a mixie paying $120-$180 every 4-5 years, this one will be a good investment - trust me. You may find it a stretch to buy a $400 mixie when you want to buy one, you will find the features so amazing that you will recommend this to all of your friends. You will not mind the price. In fact you will not remember the price after a month or two.

Hope this helped.

10. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

I found Vita Mix at Costco 2 weeks back. An ILite wrote in some post that she had been using a Vita Mix for about 20 years. This tempted me in buying one. But on top of the $400, we have to pay another $100 for a jar for grinding idli/dosa batter.. So its about $500 total.. So didnt buy it :).. but still I'm so tempted by that mixer.. if my DH permits, I'll go for one!!