Indian ladies in Zurich, Switzerland?

Discussion in 'Indians in Switzerland' started by noni, Apr 11, 2007.

1. renukasuresh

renukasuresh New IL'ite

Hello Ritu

Welcome to zurich. I live in zurich, waiting for ur arrival here.
    Welcome again:welcome

luv
    Renuka

2. noni

noni New IL'ite

Hi Ritu,
    We'll be waiting for you to join the indians in swiss. I am based in Zürich too. Do let me know if you need any assistance about the life in Zürich. I'll be more than happy to guide you.

Will love to meet you soon! Keep in touch!

3. rk2008

rk2008 New IL'ite

Hi Noni,
    Thanks for your warm welcome. I will arrive in Zurich in mid-March, and cant wait to meet you all.
    I am sure I will need your help and support when I arrive - thanks for your generosity.
    Regards,
    RK

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2008
  4. gundasi

gundasi New IL'ite

Hi every1,
    i live in Kilchberg Zurich. nice to meet all of you.

regards,
    Lalitha

5. shomski

shomski New IL'ite

Hi all,

am arrivng in zurich in about couple of months and am all jittery.. dont know where to start .. came across this forum and found it to be very warm and "apna" types.. my hubby and I are both going to be working there - and we have an almost-3 yr old son..

so my first worry is how to start searching for daycare there (he goes to one here, in bangalore)
    and secondly, is there any restriction on the type of home we need to rent ? as in, since my son is almost 3, do we need to necessarily take a 2 bedroom house ?

any guidance / suggestions / advice is most welcome..

6. gundasi

gundasi New IL'ite

Hi,
    with a kid you need to take 2.5 zimmer(room in German language) in zurich. There is something called kinderkrippe (www.kinderkrippeonline.ch) that is official childcare where there will be long waiting list. you need to apply now for that. Usually there are private preschools which are expensive and all the german kids start school from 5 yrears old that too only in German. Do your basic German course in India and come here to avoid wastage of time. For searching house go to , homegate.ch Immobilien-Angebot: Wohnung, Haus, Einfamilienhaus, Eigentumswohnung mieten, kaufen. .

There are Spielgruppe(playgroups) for 3 year olds in German which will cost less money and your kid will have smooth transition.

Goodluck with your move and for smooth transition !!

regards,
    Lalitha

7. gundasi

gundasi New IL'ite

Hi,
    Welcome to Zurich !!

You need to have 2.5 Zimmer(Room in german language ) for living with 1 kid. Go to homegate.ch Immobilien-Angebot: Wohnung, Haus, Einfamilienhaus, Eigentumswohnung mieten, kaufen. for searching house.
    for childcare book now in www.kinderkrippeonline.ch as there will be long waiting list for childcare. Usually kids start school(public schools in German) at the age of 5 years. For 3 year old you can try Spielgruppe(playgroups) in your area so that kid will have smooth transition.
    Learn German in India and come here to avoiding wastage of time in learning.

Good luck with your move !!

Regards,
    Lalitha

8. gundasi

gundasi New IL'ite

Hi,
    Welcome to Zurich !

You need to have 2.5 zimmer house to live with a kid.
    Try searching houses in homegate.ch Immobilien-Angebot: Wohnung, Haus, Einfamilienhaus, Eigentumswohnung mieten, kaufen..

You have to apply early for childcare (http://www.kinderkrippeonline.ch) as there are long waiting lists.

enroll your kid in Spielgruppe(playgroups) to have smooth transition as kids dont go to Swiss public schools(Swiss schools are world class schools) before the age of 4 .

Good luck with you move !!

Send me a message if u need more info

rgds,
    Lalitha

9. gundasi

gundasi New IL'ite

Hi,
    Welcome to Zurich !

You need to have 2.5 zimmer house to live with a kid.
    Try searching houses in homegate.ch Immobilien-Angebot: Wohnung, Haus, Einfamilienhaus, Eigentumswohnung mieten, kaufen..

You have to apply early for childcare (http://www.kinderkrippeonline.ch) as there are long waiting lists.

enroll your kid in Spielgruppe(playgroups) to have smooth transition as kids dont go to Swiss public schools(Swiss schools are world class schools) before the age of 4 .

Good luck with you move !!

Send me a message if u need more info

rgds,
    Lalitha

10. gundasi

gundasi New IL'ite

Hi,
    Welcome to Zurich.

Yes u need 2.5 Zimmer house to live with a kid. Also register early for childcare before 2 to 3 months.

If you need more info don't hesitate to ask:)

rgds,
    Lali