Indian food recipes with less carb and gluten free

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Priya16, Oct 30, 2014.

1. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Thanks KF and priya for your Useful info...i am checking all those....will get back to u both...
    meanwhile if you know any best doc in chennai?? kindly share

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Bhucat,

I am sorry, I don't have any info for Chennai doctors. You may start a separate thread at appropriate section (as this is recipe central) and see if anybody responds.

3. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Can we use palm jaggery (karupatti in tamil) as a substitute for sugar for reducing inflammation? any input pls

4. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  5. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

6. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

I never felt same once I got RA.I always have issues something or other but not like where I can't function.

My right hand figures are not same like before.Even now I can't even open water bottle cap.The most effected part is my figures.My figures won't work like before.

sometimes I get pain at knee joints and after doing some exercise,it will go away.sometime my shoulders would to get stuck.My middle figures would stuck badly in the sleep and will get better once I wake up and start doing work.

So from the time I had RA,my days are not normal like before where I don't have RA.The person would feel very different with RA even though it's mild.

But I never told all these things to my husband before.These days I'm sharing more as I feel,I need help from him.Before I don't want bother people around me.So I used manage myself.

7. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

yesterday his crp count has come, it is high now, he has 77 mg/L which is too high....already i have started anti inflammatory diet and we are looking for reduction of numbers in one month, if it does not happens then will check with doc......

But yesterday i read an article saying crp is not proven to the marker of heart diseases....little bit relaxed after reading that....anyways diet should be followed to reduce inflammation which is for sure.....
    C-Reactive Protein Test for Heart Disease Found Useless - Researchers - NaturalNews.com

8. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

hi,

sorry for some reason never came back here and so didnt see your post.

Re: Jowar, it is not easy to make it roti form as because of no gluten rolling is hard. You have to pat it like the village women do. time consuming and good when hot only. try adding more water up to dosa consistency and pouring like dosa. That is faster and quite tasty. Lots of recipes with and without urad dal all over the web.

Re: tomato gravy substitute you can make a white gravy using cashew nut, or a sour gravy using tamarind like a pulusu although some say tamarind is not good for joints.

9. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Sandya. Probably dosa option is better for me.I'm trying to avoid tomota these days.In sambar,I use tamarind though but not too much.

Hello All,

I started eating "Amaranth" for breakfast,which I'm enjoying.

Eating more quinoa and millet.Looks like I gotten better with it.

Taking Omega 3 fish tablets and also flax seeds power.I'm ok with those as well.

I stopped taking anti inflammatory tablet and still going well.Over all I'm going in

positive direction so far.Please give me recipes which are simple and anti-inflamoatory

10. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Hi priya, as you said me too started making anti inflammatory diet now, H too started taking cod liver oil tablets daily, flaxseed podi, vitamin c in the form of orange, lemon juice....

no sugar, instead using panankalkandu sugar.....as you said no tomatoes, no potatos....

adding ginger, garlic and turmeric generously....in daily menus.....

using millets like thinai, Samar, ragi instead of rice for three days a week.....

only olive oil and gingely oil......

more re vegetables and more fruits every time, broccoli, beetroot, carrot and greens are frequently using....

these are from my end, let see the counts next month, not seeing any doc present will decide upon the treatment based on the counts next month....

share the menus if you know anything, saw your quinoa and broccoli one pot meal, looks great.....keep going priya.....