Indian food recipes with less carb and gluten free

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Priya16, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Yesterday I cooked

Rice:Hulled Millet:Moong dal(1:1:1) ratio in electric rice cooker.

Is that a good one for RA?

2. EverydayBloom

EverydayBloom Gold IL'ite

Dear Priya!!

Thanks a lot for starting this amazing thread, special thanks to Kashmirflower, very informative posts from you...

My brother is suffering with RA which in turned to ankylosing spondylitis, having severe stiffness in hip joints, he is just 25yrs old and we are unable to see him going through the pains. I want to bring him to the US for better treatment.

KF, can you please guide me like how to get an appointment with local rheumatologist, he is doing his blood tests yearly once in India and doctors also were very slow in diagnosing and giving proper medicine. In my recent research i came to know about Humira for AS affected patients also, i really want to help him with his health. We are residing in Atlanta and can you please suggest about any doctors in here.

Thank you very much

3. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

My understanding you can go to any Dr,as long as you could afford to pay the money.I also heard all the medications available in India as well and less expensive and less hassle compare to here.So I'm not sure what made you feel that he is not getting good medicine in India.

Since I have RA,the amount of time I spend on RA is much more what my dr know about me.I have been doing so many things myself which my dr didn't even tell me single thing about it.

My RA dr never spoke about food.But if you hear on youtube,lot of people would tell you about RA and food.
    The main thing for RA is keep doing exercise and never give up.Since your brother had ankylosing spondylitis,I completely have no idea about it.So I can't speak about exercise for your brother.

Please see what other people say though.But I hear from people that even india had cutting edge medical field.

4. reh

reh Platinum IL'ite

Nice and informative thread

5. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sandya,

Thanks for dropping by.I started taking flax seed powder.Some how I feel,I'm getting better by doing lot of stuff. :)

I did yesterday Jowar roti.Didn't come well.But will keep doing it.I liked the taste though but looks like need to be eaten hot unlike chepati where you can eat next day if needed.Definitly will keep in mind about ragi.

6. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Hi EverydayBloom,

I don't know any doctor in Atlanta, but you can visit your primary health care provider and get rheumatologist contacts from there, by asking nurse, or reception area.

my
    rheumatologist is from Michigan.

http://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-lydia-lasichak-y39c7

Is your brother with RA or any autoimmune doctor? ur bro can visit more frequently if he is not feeling well, no need to wait for an year. Is he lives in a city in India?

In bangalore I know one good doctor details, dr. dharmanand:, I was treated by him before I went to USA. you will get almost same treatment as USA from here. You will not get disappointed.

Dr. BG Dharmanand | Rheumatalogist in Bangalore - Sakra World Hospital

As of my knowledge, Biological medicines, like humira are not prescribed immediately after diagnosis, as it got lot of severe side effects, first doctor may want to treat with other medicines.

I want to tell u that the biological medicines like humira are very expensive too, take good medical insurance so that u can be covered well.

7. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

8. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Hi Priya,

you can get "inflammation factor" for all foods from this site. You can eat those foods which are not inflammatory.

Look Up IF Ratings

please see the link below for more information on what is "inflmmation factor":

[​IMG]

[TABLE="width: 150, align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: nf, align: left"]IF Positives
    This food contains known anti-inflammatory nutrients, including monounsaturated fat, selenium, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and folate.

IF Negatives
    This food contains known inflammatory nutrients, including arachidonic acid and saturated fat.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    The IF Rating™ provides an estimate of this food's effect on inflammation.​

Read MoreInflammation & IF Rating™ – NutritionData.com

9. EverydayBloom

EverydayBloom Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, He was seeing Dr.Chandrasekar in banglore 4yrs back, i dont know exactly which medicine he prescribed but his ESR and CRP levels were under control, later he moved to different city for studies and didnt took his alopathic medicines because of its side effects and want to put check with yoga only. But now after joining job and sitting for almost 12hrs took toll on his health.

I also heard lot of good things about Dr. Dharmanand, will ask my brother to get in touch with him.

The reason i am thinking about Humira is his condition is very advanced, the pains are unbearable, but first will check with Doctors in India.

Thanks a lot

10. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

That's interesting and never known that.

Benefits Of Amaranth: 14 Reasons To Get Into This Grain

check the and see you are interested for that food.I'm trying today for my breakfast and not bad. :)