Indian Child 'Critical' After Brutal Rape: Doctor

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by kamdev1, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

Kids ....... :cry::cry:

2. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Tougher laws coupled with gender sensitization and awareness, which begins at home. But poverty or illiteracy should never be used as an excuse for rape or child sexual abuse.

3. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

arch1209, poverty and illiteracy is not an excuse, no crime in the country can be justified in a court of law using the same.

My emphasis is on the gender ratio of the country being the root cause, which gets aggravated when poverty and economic divide are taken into the equation.

To put it in a crude way, Delhi has 866 females for every 1000 males. Now, where will the remaining 134 men go when it comes to relationship(for want of a better word).

(that doesn't mean that i am suggesting that any deprived man has a right to commit a crime. But he might tend to)

To conclude, i say that while laws are merely a deterrence, a civilized society must proceed towards eradicating the root causes of such delinquent behavior.

PS: My earnest apologies if my post hurt anyone. It is just a theoretical argument.

4. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Scared to step into that country anymore.

5. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Well, my answer to that would be rape is not about sex or about love/ or relationship it is about power, control and is an act of violence and should be treated as the same.

Justifying rape, by saying that it is because of our skewered gender ratio is indirectly admitting that we as social beings are incapable of controlling our base desires and present a potential threat to others as we live and breathe and go about our daily chores. Do all people coping with hunger, rob the houses of rich to satiate their hunger? No, then why is it that when someone is refused sex or when someone does not have access to sex they try to get it by force?

The above theoretical argument that because there are fewer women to men is leading to the increase in rape suggests that men have no control over their urges. Not only is it insulting to the intelligence of numerous men that know "rape is wrong" but it also denotes that the only purpose of relationships are sex nothing more.

3 people like this.
  6. anjanag

anjanag Platinum IL'ite

I also want to add that this criminal is a married man. So I am not sure if gender ratio has to do anything with this episode. We should have a strong system where these kind of criminals get punishment quickly. I am shocked at how police treated this case. It seems they gave 2000 rs to the child's father and told him that he should happy that the kid is alive. If only police had arrived immediately and searched in the building, they could have saved her.

7. anjanag

anjanag Platinum IL'ite

All we do is candle match for few days, TV debates and some protests and people move on with new issues.

8. Loving2011

Loving2011 Silver IL'ite

Why do these things keep happening one after the other, especially these cases where these men want to mutilate and damage the vagina? It doesn't make any sense to me how someone could have such disregard for the female body. I hope that girl recovers. Thoughts and prayers go to her and her family.

9. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Loving 2011, they go to the extent of such inhuman acts because rape is about violence and exerting power and control. I wonder how is she ever going to recover from the emotional trauma?

10. Coolchap

Coolchap New IL'ite

one of the imp solutions to control/decrease rapes will be to legalize commercial sex trade. sadly in india rape laws are used to gather more women votes. Justice Verma Committee which was appointed to suggest ways to
    control rapes..spoke not even a single word about it. bcz its big revenue for politicians and police.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013