India Travel- Need Guidance shopping in Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Hyderabad' started by lavanya505, Dec 5, 2006.

1. lavanya505

lavanya505 New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am planning for a one month vacation this december to India(Hyderabad). Can anybody guide which is the best place to shop clothes,gold etc and best hotels/resorts in budget for Jan 1st celebrations? Please let me know if anybody know any web blogs or websites with these details. Appreciate your help.

2. tejaswi

tejaswi New IL'ite

indian trip

hi
    this is tejaswi from hyderabad.
    i will guide you at the time of indian trip.
    this is the best place for shopping.

best regds
    tejaswi

3. kavithaitpro

kavithaitpro New IL'ite

charminar ..... Lifestyle

Hi Lavanya,

First of all, thanks for selecting hyderabad for your holiday trip.
    may i ask you the special reason for selecting hyderabad?

ok let it here is some information, if it helps you :)

Shopping: what type of shopping you are expecting?
    I suppose 2 types:

1. rich and classic.
    2. Moderate and funny.

If "1" is Your option then i must say Lifestyle,Central,taruni like ones (Big shopping mals).

Rather you want to see real hyderabad or you opt for "2" i suggest your visit to charminar, general bazar, koti like places. A real shopping markets.

About New party there will be so many events in hyderabad. may be soon they share information via internet. i will let you know if i come to know any interesting one, remaining all events you can get with little efforts over internet.

By the way how many days you planned to spend in hyderabad.
    and where are you coming from?

Hope you will have lot of fun in spending holidays in hyderabad.:)

Anyhow Teja is already there to help in finding some more interesting things in hyderabad. Have a nice time.

cheers,
    Kavitha.

4. aannam01

aannam01 New IL'ite

Hi All

I am also looking for some help in shopping in Hyderabad for Clothes and gold etc.My trip is in February .Lavanya if you end up gathering that information please let me know.

Thanks

5. nithya prabha

nithya prabha Bronze IL'ite

Hyderabad

Hai Kavitha,

im nithya , i love cotton sarees with bhatik,tie and dye and block prints.i heard that there is a place for buying these cotton sarees with block prints for cheap rates.do u know anything about that?pls. let me know.how's hyderabad in climate now?take care .bye. nithya.

6. pratibha

pratibha New IL'ite

hai lavanya ,
    i'm pratibha i wnanna tell u some areas where u can get ur clothes with reasonable prices..
    as kavitha said charminar,general bazar(secunderabad) and koti(sultan bazar) areas are main here for shopping..here u can get good ones with reasonable prices i want to refer u one shop where i go frequently it's in general bazar shop's name is'EverGreen' there u can get new varieties and by bargaining they will give good discounts also..
    If u prefer costly ones with fixed prices u can go to Shanti collections it's in koti..or as kavitha said u can try taruni its in gnl bazar..
    If u want some embroidery works like u can try in charminar..
    mmmm...for GLOD shopping KHAZANA JEWWELERS is best and even u can try Sri Krishna..that's it.
    bye tc
    pratibha

7. pratibha

pratibha New IL'ite

hey nithya
    this is pratibha..u can get cotton sarees in koti for cheap rates..
    now hyderabad climate wont suit for new people here winter will be horrible
    definitely ur skin will be effected..u have to use moisturising creams always to protect ur skin...

8. lavanya505

lavanya505 New IL'ite

Thanks Prathiba,Teja and Kavitha.
    I am coming to Hyderabad from Minneapolis and will stay for 3 days and then planning to go to home town and with in that month i will travel to Hyderabad/Vijayawada for shopping.
    From your listings i planned my shopping this way
    1) Jeans, casual/formal wear ->central,Lifestyle.. I heard Central is not that good now a days .Is it true? Do you know any other best shops for this shopping

2) Punjabi Dress materials -> this time i am planning to go to Koti( I love shopping here), Taruni.
    Is 'EverGreen' for Sarees or Dresses?
    Last time i bought all dresses from Kalanjali and Neerus etc, They look Beautiful in the beginning but after two uses they faded and i am very disappointed as they are coslty. This time i am planning to buy that kind of dresses 3/4 and rest all from Moderate kinda shops.

3)sarees -My Mum is doing some work on plain sarees now. so I will not buy work sarees this time. When i was coming here the trend in India is all towards the work sarees. Is it still the same? Please let me know some best shops for sarees besides kalanjali.

4) We are enquiring for Hotel rooms in Hyderabad. They are saying if the checkin is for Dec 30th then it will cost 2800 per day(in kamatlingapur hotel). Is it the same everywhere. we are not going for high priced or high quality ones.. just moderate.. I am finding the Hotels in hyderabad from internet but not prices and ratings stuff..

9. sunikris

sunikris Bronze IL'ite

Hi Lavanya

Hi Lavanya ,:)
    Our IL people gave u good suggestions.
    I also recomond same places for shooping
    & Charmas in Abids is also a best place for shopping.

Lavanya U said ur home town is VJA
    I am also from VJa. I have a friend Lavanya in my college. Lavanya got mariied immediately after finishing degree.I know that Lavanya came to Chicago.
    But i don't have her email id or phone no.
    I am asking some of my college frnds . they don't know.

Let me Introduce myself.

My name is Suneeta. I did B.sc(2002 batch) in Sidhartha womens college, Vja.
    I came to USA 1 1/2 yr back. So i just want to make sure that U r my college frnd r not.

Plz give me reply as soon as possible.
    I am eagerly waiting for ur reply.

Thanks in Advance
    Bye
    Suneeta :wave

10. lavanya505

lavanya505 New IL'ite

I am from Ongole

Hi Suneetha,
    Sorry for the confusion.Actually I am from Ongole. I did my schooling,BTECH everything in Ongole. Hope your frnd see this thread and reply you soon.