1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"Indha pombalaigalai nambinaal …." (If you believe these females…) Part II

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rrg, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

"Indha pombalaigalai nambinaal …."
    (If you believe these females…)​

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/143892-indha-pombalaigalai-nambinaal-if-you.html

Part II (Continued)

“Would Kamini have put the entire blame on me, to save herself of her father’s wrath? She was pointing out to me and saying something to her dad. Indha pombalaigalai numbave mudiyadhu. (Can’t trust these females.) How to save myself from the imminent danger?”

Many thoughts ran inside his brain criss cross, at the same time. One option was to cry loudly “ayayyo, ayyayo… enna vittudungo” type. This was effective as a boy, whenever his dad was after him. This cry would play on his mom’s maternal instinct, who would rush into the fray
    right from the kitchen, shouting, “Kuzhandaye enna pandrel etc etc” (what are you doing to the child etc). “ Is he a child? Kottan” dad would shout back, but by then Nagu would have ensconced himself in his mom’s embrace. Even under Shiva’s protection, Yama could try “pasakayiru” (the rope) on Markendeya. But, with Nagu under amma’s protection his dad would subside like petti pambu (snake in its box). Only few ‘’ssss… ssss…’’ but no more danger of being bitten. That trick won’t work now as Nagu was not sure whether Kamini would have any such maternal instinct at all towards him, especially with herself also being in the dock. Further, it may not help to cry aloud, as under the circumstances it could only end up attracting a crowd and possibly some ‘dharma adi’ ( complimentary kicks ) as well.

With KD coming closer & closer, the next option could be to act as if he had fainted. But, he would run the risk of KD trampling up on him like an wild elephant. With eyes closed you will not know where you will get kicked next, you see. Pretty dicey.

But, standing up to KD could be the worst thing to do, as it could infuriate him further. “Better to go down even before getting hit” he decided in a flash and dived straight, landing flat, face down & arms stretched, at KD’s feet. It was clear from KD’s reactions that he didn’t expect such a ‘Sashtanga Namaskar’ (full fledged prostration) in the middle of the road. Perhaps, he was also taken aback by Nagu’s acrobatism.

“ Pl get up. What’s all this lying on ‘saani ‘ (cow dung) in the middle of the road?”
    “Ennai mannich chudunga, mama. Inimel idhumadhiri kariyamellam panna maatten” (Pl forgive me uncle. Will not do such things in future.)”
    “ Idhu enna katcheriya daily panna? (Is it any music concert for performing daily?)”, he asked,” or my daughter Elizebeth Tailor? ”
    “No mama. It was only Kamini’s idea. I told her 100 times that I will not do such a thing without your permission. But, she was insistent & compelled me to go along. She convinced me that you have a heart of gold, even if your exterior is scary and that you will forgive us once you get to know the full story.”

Nagu looked at Kamini for reactions through the side of his eyes and could see that she was not sure as to whether he had let her down, fearing her dad’s onslaught or tactically handled the situation by praising KD thro’ Kamini’s words. She gave a a confused look – partly threatening, partly pleased. (with the result it was a bit of a squint & funny, you see – Nagu told me later in confidence. Readers keep it to yourselves).

“It’s OK. We will talk about it later. It is already late & Muhurtham is already up. Why were you late? Infact, I was waiting outside for you two only. Let us get inside,” KD said.

Nagu didn’t know how to react. “Is what KD said real? If it is real and had I known it was this easy to convince this gentle giant, I need not have performed ‘penance’ near the stinking KT or bought refuge in a nauseating P&U facility. Also, the last fortnight, making arrangements etc for the marriage was really hell and I could have used this man as well. It is afterall his daughter’s marriage. As RRG sir often says, perhaps it was all ‘prarabdha karma’. ”

The moment they entered the mandapam, Sastrigal shouted ”getti melam, Getti melam’ and vigorously shook his fore-finger threateningly at the melam chaps, who obliged by beating the drum and blowing the Nagaswaram as loudly as possible. The groom, Raghav, tied the thaali (mangal sutra) around Yamini’s ( Kamini’s sister) neck. All of us threw flowers & yellow rice at the groom & the bride, most of which landed on Sastrigal’s head. You got the scene, right? :rotfl

Once the wedding was solemnized, KD, my FIL, looked at me and laughed. “Enna, Mapiley (SIL) are you wondering as to how I know about Yamini’s marriage? You see, this fellow, Kalyan, was my classmate in college. He happens to be Raghav’s father also. Last week he came home looking for Yamini’s father. Perhaps, Raghav had the good sense of telling him about Yamini. We were surprised to meet after decades. Through him I learnt that Raghav & Yamini are collegues, in love with each other and that you and Kamini were making all arrangements for the marriage. You both probably kept me out, thinking that I will oppose the match on caste considerations. Once I got the back ground of Raghav I was satisfied. I told Kalyan that I whole heartedly approve of the alliance. But as you both were already making all the arrangements, we decided to keep ourselves out of the picture and to surprise you in the end. Infact, when Yamini left early in the morning ‘for some urgent work’, I knew she was in tears. I wanted to rush & hug her and comfort my child not to worry. But, I controlled myself. Let her also experience the pangs of parting dear ones – which she would have otherwise inflicted on me. Thereafter, when you left early for ‘office’ I thought you were coming here for making arrangements and that Kamini will join you later. But, only after coming here did I notice neither of you were there. I was worried. By the way, where was the hold-up?”

“Oh that! Inside the stinking Pay & Use Facility you know,” Nagu replied casually.
    “What?” KD asked. “Oh, no nothing” N replied.

All the same I managed to get Kamini's promised reward, even though I did not get any slap from KD. All is well that ends well isn't it..:rotfl

But friends – are you all confused? If so, read once again from the beginning. Now you will be clear and all would be well.
    Anbudan,
    RRG / 21stAug ‘11

PS: The caption to the story was Nagu's idea.
    As he was the hero of the story, he insisted on having his way or threatened to walk out. You know how these heroes are!
    I couldn't help it. I am after all a writer only.
    Cheers,

3 people like this.

2. esbanu

esbanu Gold IL'ite

yeah.. heros idea lam ipo ipdi than iruku. paavam writer neenga enna panvinga..;-)

3. yshnavi

yshnavi Silver IL'ite

gr8 twist at t end...:)

4. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

LOL! Very nice Rrg. I was literally rolling on the floor laughing at most of the dialogues. Some of my favorites are as follows:thumbsup:-

" He will break into a song & dance sequence, ‘Labham eththanai Labhamadi …. ‘ (How lucky I am, to escape spending on my daughter’s marriage) etc. ” and we two will jump behind him holding onto his kurta. All will be ‘hanky dory’ thereafter. Don’t you worry.”

“What did these people eat to effectively create such an impact? With so many flies around , OMG, Vandhi varadhu (Nauseating)” he shuddered to himself.

"...Further, it may not help to cry aloud, as under the circumstances it could only end up attracting a crowd and possibly some ‘dharma adi’ ( complimentary kicks ) as well. "

And my personal favorite....

“Sir, enna romba avasarama? Appidi odineenga? onna & Renda? (Seemed you were in a great hurry? one or two)” the boy asked. “You keep entire ten and leave me in peace” Nagu’s responded & left. “Thanks sir. Adikkadi vanga (come quite often)”, the boy shouted back.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

And the twist is just amazing! Btw, what was Kamini's promised reward?

5. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear Rrg,

That was hilarious... its a great twist... had a good laugh...:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl Keep writing more....

Shanti

6. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

good to read. couldnt control the laugh while reading. nice end.

7. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

Super pongo.. Appo innoruthar Kalyanathukku dhan ivvalavu kashta pattadha!!!

8. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

Thanks Shaju, for your understanding. :).
    Cheers,
    RRG

9. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

Good to know you liked it. :)
    Thanks,
    RRG

10. Rrg

Rrg Gold IL'ite

Dear Sofea,
    Pleased to know you liked the dialogues as well as the twist at the end. Thanks.
    OMG, I got so much identified with the hero .... . Kamini was my creation and thus is like my daughter. What reward a dad can expect from his DD? At best a veg kiss on his cheek.
    Here Kamini's reward went only to Nagu and he only knows what he got. It was a typo from my end. :)
    Cheers,
    RRG