Index - Puja format

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Chitvish, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Hamsadhwani

Hamsadhwani Senior IL'ite

Thank You

Mrs.C,

I was just going through these postings. I had a quick glance only. There is a lot to be learnt. There is a lot of detail and the pictures you have posted are truly divine. You can see a glimpse of the deity truly.

To be able to do it at home is onething and to effectively communicate the message to the masses is indeed another thing. You are blessed in that aspect.

One always learns something new after reading your post.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

You always encourage me, RadhaV !

Thankyou very much for your compliment. Since I have the habit of noting down everything I do, in paper, I am able to convey easily, perhaps !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

3. sudharsini

sudharsini New IL'ite

thank you mam

dear chitra mam
    i am a new member of induslady, after reading about induslady in Hindu news paper. I just went through your puja item and the ways of doing different puja .It is of great help for beginners like me. A great job!
    thank you
    with regards
    sudharsini

4. Chitvish

Hello Sudarshini !

Welcome to this beautiful forum. I am sure you will enjoy, being part of the I L family.
    Thankyou for your compliment. You are most welcome.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

5. manjunat

manjunat New IL'ite

Dear Chitvish

Went thru your index,its awesome.....how did u manage to do so much work..hats off to you.
    I would like to know if anybody teaches slokas like sahasarnamam? I have lot of time in hand am just thinking of what to do..... help me please

6. Chitvish

Dear Manju,
    Thanks for your nice words. It is not a question of "managing" to do, but doing it enjoyably !
    I suggest, you buy sahasranama cd - any non musical one & play it everyday. You will "get it" in no time. That is better than classes.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Aarti

Aarti New IL'ite

Chitraji,

yet another question from me. what is varlakshmi pooja? when is it to be performed? who does it? is it like a traditional pooja which is passed frm generation to generation? i remember, 2 1/2 yrs back, a friend had invited me for haldi-kumkum ceremony, and thats where i came to know abt it for the 1st time. as u r daughters pooja photo, she too had the mandapam, and 2 poojas for her MIL and her.
    friday pooja - in maharashtra, most of the ladies including my mom do vaibavlakshmi vrat and pooja on fridays. the vrat is done as many times possible, but the pooja is done every friday. i too m following what my mom has been doing. the format u have given is a bit different, but the basic remains same. do u think if i incorporate these new things in my pooja, it wld be ok? well the reason m asking is i dont have the tall lamp, we call it "samai", here with me. also usually i do the pooja in the eve between 6-7 pm. (thats the custom my mom follows). wld that be a good time to recite soundaryalahiri or better in the mornings?

Regards
    Aarti

8. anbuvenku

anbuvenku New IL'ite

Hi,

Chithra, do u have the simple daily routine solkam in tamil.
    If so, pls forward it.

Thanks,
    Anbu

9. Chitvish

Dear Aarti,
    I am amazed at the interest, you are showing in pujas & shlokas - God bless you, Aarti !
    In south, Varalakshmi puja is generally passed down generations. You can also incorporate whatever you like from my puja format. But see that you do not make it very long & end up, running out of time in the evenings.
    As you write, the best time is evenings for puja; but we generally adjust to our convenience !
    There is no hard & fast rules about lamps - use any one, that you have.
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Chitvish