1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Independence Day in our Building

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

HI mals,

happy independence day to u too...enjoyed your narration...great that your sambhar turned out well and for all the attention u got from males...and females...i remembered the ones we used to have in our bldg too..excatly as u said .. everyone has a lot to say about each other on ordinary days but when it comes to occasions like this we ARE all one and have a REAL BLAST... i call these Sai paranjpe buildings...good fun and exactly what we miss here...BTW ..loved your manthra in life...
    love
    Mindi

2. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Hi Mals,

north Indian likes sambhar very much no doubt about it........We too celebrated ID today. Ours is a old society with 40 flats in 3 wings.
    Today we had flag hoisting by one of the senior members of the society then a round of introductions.
    This has also helped all the residents in bonding well with each other.

3. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Happy Independence day folks.

Today we celebrated ID as usual.

The patriotic songs started as early as 8.30 AM to wake up everyone. We are a society of 200 flats, about 130 are occupied.

Starting with a blood donation drive, then the general announcement. Then we had the about 7-8 kids who spoke on ID and what changes they would like to see around them. For smaller kids we had fancy dress competition. Then a group of kids sang Sare jahaan se achha.

Today the chief guest was the KNRA chairman who hoisted the flag and gave a small speech and requested our society residents to join the KNRA club for the betterment of our suburb. Then one of the reps talked a few min on the dos and don't of the society for the benefit of the new comers and the old one who do not follow the rules.

After that we had a sumptuous breakfast of batawada, jilebi and tea. Then we had games for all the kids young and old. By the time we came home it was 12.30 and time to prepare lunch.

Over all it was a great event ...we sky loungers rock man.

Out next event is Ganapati for 5 days from 3-7 sep. Will keep you posted on that too.

Roopa.

4. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Hi all..

Happy Independence day to all Indus Ladies Members !!

Mals... Narrate to us, what you did on Independence Day.....
    With love,

Attached Files:

5. samayal

samayal Silver IL'ite

Mals,

Supereb write up. Now share the recipe for Soyabean subzi.

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sri,

Sometimes it is good to continue posting in your previous posts instead starting a new one!

This year, I was out of town and I heard from the members of my society that it was a damp squib.

No Mals, no fun and this label is not given by me to myself but my friends and all those who know me! Hi Hi.

Life is just fun and live it fully. I know that you too have a very funny bone with the incidents you have quoted in the Humour snippet started by me. I still roll in laughter thinking about them!

Thanks Sri for taking time to write in.

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Re: Our Party was worth to Hit Page 3 of Times of India

Hi Kanaka,

The fact is every other woman is a threat to few married woman! My single status and gregarious nature makes people get friendly with me very soon. I am living in the same building for the past 7 years and am still single, should put their soul at rest! I love the way the send their kids or pull their DH back home when they come to me.

The fun is today morning, my neighbours husband called me up on my mobile and invited me to have UPMA as he was cooking! I went to his home and excused myself from the invitation MUCH TO THE RELIEF OF HIS BETTER HALF!!

Crab mentality exists in most places and Malspie runs miles away from it!

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

HI Senorita,

A single working woman who manages her affairs of life very decently who has no nonsense happening in her life, who seems to be more contended than all the married ladies put together makes many souls wane in depression!

Thats their problem and not mine, as I live life the way I want to and I strongly believe God has given me this stage to do the best that I can do and go back to him making him PROUD of creating me.

My sense of humour and love for comedy has made me sail through the worst times of my life.

Any time, I step in AP, I will love to meet up with you. The face behind the beautiful name is an enigma till date!

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Mindi,

You brought in fresh memories of Sai Paranjpe and her serials, wonder what is her daughter up to. Have not seen her on TV for long.

This year, I had been out of town and all the woman in my building sighed happily!

Thanks for stepping in, your FB is a treasure for me always.

10. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Hi Mals,

That was a nice read of your last year's independence day celebration. I would not blame all those married women considering that Upma incident of your neighbour. Men have that tendency to think that a single woman is always ready to mingle!! Anyways...I appreciate the ingredients of your happiness.
    When do you plan to visit Bangalore and meet us? I wish some of your ways of happiness rubs on me too.

Cheers,
    Hema