1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In search of solitude!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raba
    Thanks a lot for the trouble taken to help me out. But when I visited Wikipedia, I found in the very first line this statement: ""that which is cut in pieces or engraved/segmented", hence "insect"!

That was a bit disturbing. Does it mean that these guys dissect the insects to find out the mystery that is bundled in them? Ornithologists do not indulge in such mayhem.
    I'll be an 'entomologist' without the killer instinct!
    Sri

2. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Wah, wah! As always, those are the only sounds that I uttered as I read you. My wife was most disturbed to find her husband talking to himself and laughing too. She thought this was an unmistakable sign that he needed to be sent to a mental home. All because of you!!! Who knows, they might even try out shock therapy on me.

3. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

Dear Cheeniyaji,

Your posts are real fun. Even out of nothing or as teeny weeny as a little creature you can bring about philosophy. I must really hand it out to you!

Solitude is indeed a personal thing and the little creature came all the way just to let you know about solitude.

Keep it going!
    Regards,
    Shail

4. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

What an awesome post!

The language is flawless and your thoughts seem to flow with such an ease. But your creativity beats all of that. If I had seen a bug crawling in my bathroom, I would have 1) screamed loud enough to bring the house down and 2) ran in search of a big, fat 'thodappam'. You, on the other hand sir, have wondered about the creature's reason for crawling away from its world.

Hats off to that creative twist in your mind.

1 person likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

Dear Shail
    Thanks a lot for appreciative words!

I strongly believe that the thoughts similar to what go on in human minds might also be engaging the thought process of lesser beings. God Himself manifested in His initial Avatars as a Fish, Tortoise and a Lion. That's why I have developed this habit of trying to find out what might be engaging their minds as they perch themselves at a comfortable place and observe human activity that goes on around them all the time.
    Sri

6. Cheeniya

Dear Meena
    I am thankful to you for your peep into my ramblings and for your laudatory comments!

As a newcomer to IL, you have already captured our hearts with your dig at the so-called organised people and pleading with the Powers above for a few extra pair of hands! I loved those posts of yours! I would, therefore, consider your words of praise for my own effort as something very special!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  7. MahiSree

MahiSree Gold IL'ite

Hi Cheeniya Sir

Had a good read on your finest post.
    Many questions are unanswerable - Who Am I? For What am here? Why this happens????etc.

I really feel bad sir that i killed 2 tiny cockroaches today morning as they were about to peep into the kitchen shelf.
    It would have cursed me?? May be...
    I had no thought other than getting rid of those creatures in my first sight.

But u nicely transferred it to an interesting blog.
    Kudos to u sirBow

~MahiSree

8. Cheeniya

Dear Mahi
    Killing insects is nothing but an indication of human intolerance. If a group of people gang rape a young and innocent girl and kill her too after their sinister desire is satiated and capital punishment is awarded to them for their heinous crime by a competent court, the entire nation pleads for mercy to be shown to them! They say that capital punishment is inhuman and will never meet the ends of justice.

But if a hapless mosquito descends on our body we give it a resounding slap and send it to heaven! We are merciless towards any lesser being that creates any nuisance for us like robbing us of our sleep. We are ever ready to deliver capital punishment. I have great respect for Jainism. I quote a passage from the Jain Philosophy of Non-violence:

According to Jain philosophy, the densest karmic defilement of the soul takes place when one causes hurt to any other creature. Hence the high place accorded to nonviolent conduct. This is also the motivation behind many Jain practices that seem strange and even somewhat eccentric to non-Jains. These include strict vegetarianism to the extent of even avoiding vegetables that grow underground, abstinence from food and water after sundown, sweeping the ground by ascetics as they walk, use of a strip of cloth over the mouth by Terapanth Shwetambar ascetics, the pulling out of their hair by sadhus (monks) and sadhvis (nuns), and so on. All these practices have to do with avoiding even unintentional harm to any other creature.

We are not the owners or lords of Earth but mere co-inhabitants of million other creatures who God would not created without a Purpose. Let us try to understand that Purpose!
    sri

1 person likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Nirvana is about going to unknown places without a fear of unknown. If this insect was living with the family nearby, I am sure you would have sighted this before at least once. Obviously, it is venturing on an important mission of attaining immortality. I am sure that this insect had the knowledge that the fear is the only thing that it needs to be afraid of. The crevice between the wall and the wash basin could be an ideal location for positioning its body before it goes into a deep meditative state. Having shrugged the desires and attachments, it is looking for solitude in a natural setting that gives a sound of water fall effect when the tap in the wash basin is opened. It has no ambitions to be a competitor of Sean Connery who flirts with spies of other countries and the young girls who work for villains through his masculine features, having relinquished all its desires.

It makes no difference to it whether its kith and kin or missing it or celebrating its absence. Its mission is simply to be in union with the real. Probably it is meditating to have a rebirth as a human being so that it could have discrimination faculty, and the only way it could ask for that is by seeing a real human being. It knows that Universal Absolute would grant what it wants, but wanted to see what it is asking for, before asking for it.

Perhaps, you could have given a little bit of lesson about the pit falls in human life by tuning your mind with its mind, so that it would learn how to achieve its purpose of life in its next mission.

Viswa

2 people like this.
  10. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Yes...when we want solitude for a while....only for a while, humans can only rob the solitude and not insects. Craving for solitude is also temporary and again we crave for human company...not insects.
    Deep down people complain, but they love routines. After a holiday one is happy to be back to routine.