1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In life we get what is destined

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 21, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dance as though no one is watching you,
    Love as though you have never been hurt before,
    Sing as though no one can hear you,
    Live as though heaven is on earth.
    -Souza.

In life we get whatever we are destined for. On Saturday there was Valli Kalyanam and so sad me and my dh missed it. Felt very sad that we could not attend when we heard from others that the programme was very grand and for the programme priests and others had come from Palani. My dh remembered about the programme only in the evening. All his friends were enquiring yesterday why he did not come. I told him they could have phoned and asked why he is not there. Then I realised we were not destined to attend the programme thats why we could not attend. If we were destined somehow or other God would have made us remember about it.

At the same time yesterday we could attend Ayyappa Pooja and enjoyed the function and the bhajans. After coming back home I logged in to IL and was busy writing a write up and also replying to fbs. When I was just thinking whether to post the snippet or not and thought that after posting let me take a nap, my friendcame and told me that there is a programme at 4 pm now . Some group is coming and they are going to have some question and answer programme and some games. The winners have to take part in the final programme.

Immediately I posted the write up and went with her. We formed two grups of ten ladies. Each group was asked a question and anyone knowing the answer had to put their hands up and whoever who puts the hand up first will be asked. For some questions I knew the answer but someone had already put the hand up before me. The lady who was conducting the programme surprisingly came to me and asked why you are quiet. I was so happy that I was also noticed.

Though I did not win I was thankful to my friend because of whom I could take part in the programme. She left early as she had to go for a Reception. I was there till the last and got a Certificate, two passes for attending the final programme and also a lovely gift. I was destined to attend the programme and get a gift which I never expected. When I get something without expectation I feel very happy.

Then I remembered that I should take the gift for my friend also as I got the gift and pass because of her. When I asked the organiser she said let her come to our office we will give her.

Life is a succesion of lessons which must be lived to be understood.
    ~ Thomas Carlyle

8 people like this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

So happy you got an unexpected opportunity to go to a function and have some fun. Congratulations on your surprise gift.

What you say is very true. I am always reminded of a hindi proverb whenever I am unsuccessful in my attempts to achieve something. It says "Samay se pahele aur zaroorat se zyada kisiko kucch nahin milta" meaning no one will get anything before the time for it comes and in quantities more than they need.

2 people like this.
  3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji
    Nice post and like the words of Souza that you have added like a cream on the cake.
    Your post shows that taking part and enjoying the show is more important then winning.
    Do let us know about the final program.

1 person likes this.
  4. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Nice and true post, Aunty

5. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

good that you have enjoyed the programme.. Vijji ma

6. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

Nice post vijima.Today I was feeling very bad for not doing any pg course and because of that I could not build a career in my life.Then I consoled myself that I am not destined for that.Now I opened IL and saw your post about destiny.What a coincidence!

1 person likes this.
  7. Butterfly04

Butterfly04 Gold IL'ite

Halo vijima,

As usual, nice post!!!& so true mam...
    I like the words of souza a lot..
    Thanks for sharing such a nice thought!
    Also, Congratulations for the unexpected gift & passes to watch the program...
    Enjoy and have a nice time mami!

1 person likes this.
  8. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vitamin Viji aunty......:)
    One more sweet post from you...:thumbsup.with day to day life and life's lesson from it....so nice of you to share the lesson with us..:):):).:bowdown.Life is a succesion of lessons which must be lived to be understood.....Thanks aunty for this quote.....

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Satchi dear thanks for your first fb. Yes I was also happy that I could enjoy the function.
    What you say is very true. I am always reminded of a hindi proverb whenever I am unsuccessful in my attempts to achieve something. It says "Samay se pahele aur zaroorat se zyada kisiko kucch nahin milta" meaning no one will get anything before the time for it comes and in quantities more than they need]

what is said in the proverb is so true .

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Aruna dear glad to se eyou here. Yes the quote is good. Yes dear taking part is more important than winning . Ya I will let you know abou the final programme.