1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In-laws - North vs South

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by RadiantCat, May 18, 2010.

1. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Why do Indians not want to be the same genetically as each other? I always thought we were!!

2. MrsV

MrsV Bronze IL'ite

I don't know.. I guess its the holier than thou syndrome all the other ladies have been talking about. Can't think of anything else.. :bowdown Indians LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to be one better than the next person. It's also part of what made Indians so successful but I think its also our biggest pitfall.

3. asuitablegirl

That's dumb. And sad too. One of my husband's sayings is "An Indian can never see another Indian be happy". Yes you are right V, maybe it has made us successful INDIVIDUALLY, family to family, but where has that gotten us as a country (i.e. India)??

4. MrsV

MrsV Bronze IL'ite

I think there's a new wave of understanding now, atleast with Generation X and Y with all the cosmopolitan cities on the rise, you really don't know when your collegue is from.. hopefully it will be a start.. :coffee

5. ArchanaP

ArchanaP Silver IL'ite

NOWHERE.

Until people change their thought process the country is going to go NOWHERE.

6. Ansuya

Ansuya Platinum IL'ite

I'm having a very amusing mental image of a perplexed American underprivileged person trying on a fancy gargara choli thoughtfully provided by their local Salvation Army...

7. asuitablegirl

I know!!! I even told him, "Who is going to wear this??" He said maybe for Halloween costume somebody would want... or a fashion student... :rotfl

Problem is, she gave one outfit large enough to fit a sumo wrestler, and one outfit for very petite person. So whoever wants those outfits better be able to morph their body shape at will!

8. Induvadana

Induvadana New IL'ite

When I moved into my new neighborhood, we new neighbors(Indians)were talking some regional food practices and were mentioning which state we are from. One Gujrati lady said"Actually we are ARYANs , ancestors migrated from S.Russia". That is the attitude of some Indians.She could simply say from gujrat but that was her answer to new neighbors. Later I told her Aryan is just a linguistic category not racial. She didn't like it.That was so funny. One of my freinds who knows this incident alway asks us how is that "Aryan from heaven?".

9. asuitablegirl

My mil and fil say they are 'aryans' descended from Germany. I don't even ask or want to know how they came to that conclusion. It doesn't make any sense to me. :biglaugh

10. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

I am a NI but spent a large part of my childhood down south...wen we moved to Delhi i can only remember the cultural shock that i got...SI esp tamilians are more simple ... in delhi the young seemed to be obsessed with their appearance...Reading culture is absent in Delhi...People r simply rude and unkind...Delhi in my opinion is the most uncivilized place on planet earth! People dress up really well but they can't behave decently...Delhi is full of flashy people!