1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In Laws Irritating And Forcing Me To Travel

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Needtobestrong, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Yes, whenever I say no there’s a big fight...these people keep cribbing that’s it’s been such a long time since we visited their native place..even in such a national emergency they don’t have any sense of what is safe and what is unsafe..
    Such people shouldn’t be entertained at all , even if it means being called as a bad DIL and bad person..
    In fact between Jan and March of this year when there was temporary drop in cases and we all had a false sense of security about this pandemic reducing etc, they had tried forcing again and again for travel but I had said no ,that time there was a small Pooja at their native but I said it’s not safe to travel and attend get togethers. For some reason the plan itself got cancelled due to govt restrictions on functions...but they just don’t give up.
    Everytime there is a big fight, they will start off saying that we should have shifted to native place itself and we hardly visit there etc...
    Normal and sensible people can be reasoned with...
    Senseless and idiotic old fashioned people set in their ways will not try to even see reason how much ever we tell them. Sad but true.
    They will keep asking and I have to keep refusing. Even if it causes a big fight.
    Sad and irritating but true.
    The fact is that many people known to us have been affected by Covid. This is the time for prayer and postive affirmation, and planning for personal safety, not the time to unnecessarily burden and irritate the DIL .
    I repeat , I will not give in to their demands and have no intention of going to their native even after situation becomes safe due to ill treatment by them during my difficult time.
    I feel like venting here as I get genuine concern and many good suggestions here.