1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

IN-LAWS and their expectations from a DIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by shakambari, Jun 24, 2009.

1. minik

minik New IL'ite

My MIL expects her DIL to say " yes boss" to everything she says or does, whether good or bad. She wants her DIL to blindly follow her superstitious beliefs which date back to middle ages<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> </v:shapetype> Witsend and not impose her rational thinking on her.
    For her an ideal DIL is the one who keeps herself limited to the kitchen work and even though earning does not interfere at all in decision making or financial matters, . Her DIL should forget that her Parents, sister, relatives and friends exist in this world , keep her cool even if MIL talks rubbish about them:bang and be concerned only about her IL's.

And above all,make her parents understand that her IL's have a upper hand in everything as they are the boys' parents. :frown:

2. feduptocore

feduptocore Senior IL'ite

Hi all... what variety of posts... very interesting... its heartrendering to know that some of the ladies have wonderful MIL or those who are wonderful MILs
    Padmini... I always tell myself that I should never ever repeat the same treatment to my DIL.. and glad to know that its possible with determination... BTW I'm up for adoption DIL also:hiya:rotfl:rotfl
    Well.... Expectation of my MIL.....
    Like some she never wanted me to marry my DH and now that I have keeps expecting me to leave... even after 15yrs!!!:rant:rant
    Other expectations are almost same as others...
    ONLY DIFFERENCE.. my MIL NEVER has expected me to cut off relations with my mom infact she truly encourages my DH to be respectful to her... so thats definately in her favour
    we should all take a solemn vow to never turn in monster MIL!!!
    K

3. Keerthu

Keerthu New IL'ite

My inlaws are such that if i keep quiet and let them talk they will say she doesnt say anything and she doesnt talk properly..

Now,even if i say 2 sentences they will try to find fault in whatever i say..!!!

They love to find faults in others..and they think they are perfect human beings..

4. Dew99

Dew99 New IL'ite

Hmm My inlaws it's a big story. Married for 4 yeras but still no solution. they expect me to clean , cook,earn cut relations with my family. should not utter a single word no matter how harsh they speak to me. if by chance I say a single sentence finding fault in me. mAking me scape goat for whatever my parents or my DH does. treating me like a slave, making fun of me all the time. In 4 years they have relaly chaged my personality and life upside down what a lovely soft and happy girl I was before marraige and now I have changed completely. I hate my inlaws from the botom of my heart. My mother never had MIL and I got such a terrible one. Blessed are those who got good MIL. No one in the world would would have heard abusive words against their parents as I have heard and I had to keep quiet. bottling up my anger for the past 4 yeras which had led to my health problems. had miscarraige and what not. I don't know what else is store in my life. :bonk:frown::cry: I don't when will it stop.