In how many hours do you complete cooking...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by saipavani123, Feb 16, 2010.

1. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    One and half hours is reasonable for the dishes you prepare.That's how long it takes for me also....including tidying up the kitchen. Of course if vegetables like beans are cut previous night it might take a little less time. Generally I put on a CD of some devotional music while cooking in mornings.It gives some calmness and cooking would not be felt like drudgery. I don't enjoy cooking as it is very much....but still have to cook. Hence the music.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Please invite your husband to demonstrate his skills at least once. Please do not disappoint him. :-D

Your pace seems to be pretty standard. Takes me just as long too.

3. dipu81

dipu81 Junior IL'ite

You are not slow in cooking. Me too take 1.5 hours for cooking. It is pretty normal.

4. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Hi dear. I dont think you are slow comsidering the amount of stuff that you cook for the day.

Cooking should be more of a passion than an activity/chore as it is for the family. Mealtimes are supposed to be a binding time for the family, so if the meals are cooked nicely and tastefully, the entire family is going to have a good time at the table. I personally beleive that food should never be cooked in a hurry just for the sake of cooking. As we worship Goddess Annapoorna, food should also be cooked with love and care.

I am able to cook lunch and dinner in about an hour and half. If you want to minimise your cooking time, the best bet would be to keep everything chopped and ready before switching on the stove so that at the same time you can cook two dishes together.

5. garnislitton

garnislitton New IL'ite

This depends on person and the dish too,