1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Impulsive buying......YOU or YOUR SPOUSE???????

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Gooseberry, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Priya16,
    Yep. Sale culture is now big time in India also (yes, it was copy-catted from the West, agree with you on that).

2. coolphani

coolphani Bronze IL'ite

Spidey,

Don't worry :biglaugh I am not your DW in disguise
    I can understand tamil(courtesy:tamil movies, my BIL who teases me in tamil because he did his bachelors from chennai so in order to retort to him I got my Dad to mail me a few quick tamil learning books from India) but can't talk:crazy.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  3. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

DH is too impulsive while shopping so we have mutually agreed that I am the OFFICIAL SHOPPER:rotfl of our household!

4. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

I am the impulsive buyer ALWAYS.:bonk:bonk:bonk

If at all my hubby buys soemthing impulsively , it would be for me.:)

5. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

I am a impulsive buyer, my husband is not.
    Whatever, he thinks min 100times before buying anything
    first of all, he postpones for a while.

6. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

hello young sisters---i just saw this thread-----i get the crown for impulsive buying---though i think a long time---actually excuses for what i want what for--and how to substantiate it
    ha ha.
    Shopping is my purpose of life, i buy, i maintain, keep it so carefully, never find it again.---hate to give away or throw away---the last 5 years i am learning the art.
    Anything new, or beautiful i will admire, if suits my budget buy,----i can shop for hours, and get dead tired once i get home.---i am overweight, and family and relations cannot understand how i can stand so long, in the shop,---i neither know the time, nor the amount i have spent.

My hubby is different type of spender only on foods,hotels,snacks,he know the specialty of all hotels---he is a traveler, going for all tom and dicks functions---and floating money around to the needy and the flatterers.
    Thank god realized my folly,after having no more place to keep,nowadays go for window shopping to fulfill the urge.

7. vsj1985

vsj1985 New IL'ite

Hey,

I soooo used to be the impulsive buyer... but after realizing this, my hubby keeps a tab on me ion what I buy.... which is very good because then I don't buy too much and unnecessary things, and I don't have to worry about managing to many things:thumbsup..... and I don't need to go crazy:spin! Earlier for the things I had I used to go :crazy, and one day my hubby and me cleared out just one of the cupboards and there were a number of things which were brand new and still in their package and truly I just dint know what they were used for :hide:...
    So I guess I need to thank my DH for not only controlling this habit:bowdown... It actually feels much better to use everything I have and live light!

8. saheli08

saheli08 New IL'ite

I can well fall into the category of "impulsive buyer". I usually buy stuff when i feel desparate and lonely. My weakess is clothes, my baby's clothes and recent addition to the list is kitchen stuff. but i'm crazy about clothes, shoes,handbags! My dh hardly buys anything for himself and i used to buy clothes for him but usually it gets returned the next day! so i stopped buying for him ...........
    We do argu about it a lot and my reasoning will be like........its because you are too busy working, i'm bored , or because its on sale.

i do try to control my buying , sometimes i find myself wondering around the store what to buy and pick up something just for the sake of it!!!:bonk
    and believe it or not, sometimes i put stuff on my cart and when its time to check out i will already have taken out few of the items out because i find it unneccessary!!