1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Important Update : Passport return delay @ Chennai Consulate

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by writeme, Jun 27, 2008.

1. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

An important update from my side for all those who are heading home on vacation. If you have scheduled Visa re-stamping interview at Chennai Consulate, please be aware that there might be delay in return of passport. We got our passports back AFTER MORE THAN 20 DAYS!!! Due to this, we had to reschedule our return tickets. The delay is due to PIMS verification. This might not be the case with everyone, this is just an update of what happened to us ( Our visa interview was in May 2008 ).. try to schedule the interview during the initial days of your vacation in India, otherwise you may not get your passports back before your return travel date.

Thanks,
    Indu

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008

2. ramyaganesh

ramyaganesh Senior IL'ite

hey.. thanks for the info..will pass it to my friends..

3. vasanthano1

vasanthano1 New IL'ite

Hi indu,
    Thank u very much for sharing the information. from now onwards we will plan inadvance.

Regards,
    Vasantha

4. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

I never guessed there would be such a long delay. Earlier we used to get the passports back in 2-3 days time. If we knew about this possible delay, we would have scheduled the stamping interview date accordingly. We scheduled it on the second week of our vacation (Ooooooops.. a wrong decision!!!). So I thought of sharing this info so that none of our fellow ladies should face such a problem :)

Indu