I'm pregnant!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sanravi_1970, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Muskaan7

Muskaan7 Senior IL'ite

Re: Pregnant again!!!!

Hi Anitha,

I had read your other thread a few days back about no periods in the postpregnancy section and was going to ask if you were pregnant.

I havent been in your situation but hope and pray that you make the right decision.

Take care

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Anitha, good luck with the procedure. It should not hurt in itself - especially if you will be on "sleep" meds. I had a dental procedure done with "sleep" meds and I did not feel a thing.
    Hugs, I am sure you have taken a considered decision (and clearly that is not up for debate when you posted it here, lest the other posters should forget it), given the little one was himself early and you have had to face a lot of challenges. Do speak to your Gyn about protection, since you had a lot of questions about it earlier. Lactational amenorrhea is not a reliable protection against pregnancy. Again, best wishes for you.

3. Nov09baby

Nov09baby Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I used to read your posts during your first pregnancy. I can understand how stressful your situation is. I wish you the best in whatever decision you make.
    Take care.

4. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

AP,

Think again before you decide.It may cause some problems to your health and the health of your womb.

My MIL had three children in the optimum gap of 1.4 yrs.She got pregnant every 5 months after her delivery.Hence the age difference between the three children is 1.4.Iam sure she had not have any problems in raising them.

5. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Anitha,
    I still remember your query on Post pregnancy forum and all of us thought due to BF, your periods got delayed. So, it came positive.
    With 8+ months old baby,that too R is premature baby I believe... and again carrying another may be it will take toll on your health and sleep. But if you have enough support like parents or inlaws to take care of R, then I think better to carry otherwise take a deep breath and moveon with surgical procedure.
    But thats a tough decision I believe.

6. nimmimoorthy

nimmimoorthy Platinum IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

I too have read your posts.

In my opinion if your health is OK and if your parents are there to support you,please dont go for the surgery.

All the best.

7. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Ladies,

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions. I didn't start this thread to debate on my decision-right/wrong. Just I want to know how tough is the surgical process. That's all..

As you know its a tough decision to avoid this baby but I have to at this point of time.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  8. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Tikka,

Thanks & thanks for comementing on debate part. I think all ladies in my situation will do the same.

Till now I coudn't imagine that am pregnant because I was doing all things which am not supposed to do during preg. I was dieting, ex ing, did spinning, tummy ex, ate papaya daily, pineapple juice & more over no dinner for 2months..

In our case our 1st baby itself is too early. We both are just <29yrs old. My hus is too young for having 2 babies. I need atleast 3-4yrs gap. I was asking GYN n no of times for pills but she refused becoz i was bf ing my son.. Finally she gave me now.

What is Lactational amenorrhea? I didn't get you...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  9. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Anitha

Lactational amenorrhea is considered like a natural contraceptive method that occurs due to breastfeeding and having no periods post-partum. But then there are certain conditions of breastfeeding that one must strictly adhere to for this to work. If I remember right, it is also effective only for a very limited time and not always.

You and your husband are the best judges of your situation and the best person to give you medical information or advice is your doctor. So responses coming out of the emotions and opinions of some people are unavoidable in a forum like this. So my sincere advice would be to not discuss this anymore and ask any related questions only to your doctor. I know it must be difficult to have to take a decision like this, but as I said, you know what's best for you. Further discussion will only result in you getting upset and unnecessary guilt.

All the best and take care of your health.

10. rosary

rosary Gold IL'ite

hi anitha ,

i too was in similar situation when i got pregnant the second time and my first one was 1 yr and 4 months old ...
    luckily or unluckily , i got chicken pox ... and had to get it aborted ...i was 9 weeks pregnant when i underwent the procedure .

the procedure was not at all tough and i recovered soon with no side effects to the procedure .

just keep in mind that , no contraceptive method is 100 % reliable ...
    so take care ...
    all the best .