I'm pregnant!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sanravi_1970, Sep 26, 2007.

1. ForeverPositive

ForeverPositive New IL'ite

Did anyone signup for the Lamaze classes?

Hi,
    Did anyone from here sign up for the Lamaze classes and at what stage of your pregnancy did you do the same?Is it worth it esp for first time mothers, or is talking to friends, your mom,reading stuff on the Internet, magazines and advice from your Gynaec good enough to prepare you for Labor ???

Cheers and thanks in advance.......Computer Typing

2. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Re: Did anyone signup for the Lamaze classes?

This has already been discussed in detail.
    Please check the I am pregnant forum.

3. MOM 2 BE

MOM 2 BE Senior IL'ite

ForeverPositive:

Well i did attend one such session along with my husband. It ran for the entire day. I would never have been so informed had it not been for this class. The class cleared all my doubts, FEARS and Q's. Its like you get a live demo of all what u need to know. I dont know if such a facility is available in india, but here in the US its just a fantastic thing you can do to yourself.

They give u lots of printed material and show you videos and explain all in detail. So you know what is happening to your body while you are pregnant and also how your body will progress and act in the most important event in life " giving birth ".
    This class fills you with immense confidence and also you are made aware of the various comforts and medications available to you to ease you off.

Atleast this is how i felt. But yes opinion does vary. There are some whom i know, were scared to know things in detail, But if you are on the curious side and would love to know your body, i suggest go ahead with it!!

MAYA.

4. Vnbaby

Vnbaby Senior IL'ite

Hi Mom 2 be!!

I am about to complete 27th week this weekend. I would love to join lamaze classes but the thing is I am not sure :

1. How much they will cost us.
    2. Location of the classes.
    3. Timings
    4. In which month should I take them.

Because I want my husband also to attend one of these lamaze class but its only possible If they have these classes on weekends also.

Thanks
    V n Baby

5. MOM 2 BE

MOM 2 BE Senior IL'ite

Hi V n Baby:

Congratulations to you on your pregnancy. Well about lamaze classes, you will have to ask your OB/GYN, who is currently taking care of your pregnancy. These classes are usually held at the hospital where you will be delivering your baby. Your OB/GYN might give you contact details of the person to contact for such a class.

When u talk to the concerned person, they will let you know the available class timings, the cost that you would incur and the location etc. The cost would be some where around 80$, but again it depends on the type of insurance you have.
    Like in my case, i didnt have to pay a penny coz my insurance paid it for me in full.

There's nothing like a particular month for these classes. Its all upto you and your comfort. Personally i would say, now is the right time for you. As once you begin your 31st week, things get a little heavy, and you would not be that very active physically. And if you opt for a weekend class, then you will have to sit there the whole day, which becomes tedious as you head further into your pregnancy.

Another IMP thing is, you gotta schedule an appoinment for these classes, so make sure you book one for yourself as early as possible, since they get filled up quickly.

All the best to you!
    MAYA.

6. ForeverPositive

ForeverPositive New IL'ite

Pregnancy and weight gain

Hey everyone,
    I am in the 16th week of my pregnancy.I am 5'6" tall and currently weigh 155 lbs, having a BMI OF 24.3.My pre-pregnancy weight was 148 lbs.I just wanted to know if I was on a healthy weight gain track or do people put on more/less weight at their 16th week.

It would be great if we could tabulate the height, pre-pregnancy weight, post-pregnancy (along with the week- so that it could create more uniformity , and ease of comparison) of other preggo Indian women who are willing to share this on this
    forum:).I feel that such a chart would be a good guideline for 1st time moms, even though it is true that each person is different and all body types vary.

Cheers!!!!

7. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Re: Pregnancy and weight gain

A rough guide to pregnancy weight gain - no/minimal gain in the first 12-14 weeks, then 0.5 kgs /1 lb every week thereafter until term for a total of 10-12 kgs / 22-26 lbs at term. The gain is usually never absolutely constant - may vary slightly from week to week and is usually more in the last 4 weeks. This rule only applies to those who have been at a close-to-ideal weight pre-pregnancy. If you were under-weight you need to gain more and if you were over-weight you need to gain much less.

Vanathi.

8. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Re: Pregnancy and weight gain

I was over-weight to begin with and lost 8 pounds in my first trimester. Gained it all back in the 2nd trimester and now in my last trimester, gaining at an average rate of 2 pounds a week as I am constantly hungry every 2-3 hours! Total weight gain at 33.5 weeks is 16 pounds, and my doc told me I can expect to gain atleast another 5-10 pounds if I am not careful!

9. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

I'm Pregnant

Hi all

Some of u know that I am pregnant with my second baby. But I forgot to post it here.

I am 19 weeks & my due is end of dec.

And Guess What I went to my ultrasound yesterday & WE ARE HAVING A GIRL(GIRL NO.2 ). I am sooo happy. She is healthy, moving, weighs good, heart rate is good.

We are searching for a name that sounds similar to ADITI(my first one's name).

I glad to inform u guys this happy news.

Dhivya

10. sharmy

sharmy Senior IL'ite

Re: I'm Pregnant

Congratulations Dhivya to have sweet baby girl!:partyTake care of your self well.

Sharmy