1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I'm Ignored By Everyone

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by JoshnaSamala, May 1, 2016.

1. JoshnaSamala

JoshnaSamala New IL'ite

HI,

I'm a very simple lady...not interested in make up, shopping and living life full of luxury. But I give more importance to my family and everyone who i feel are very close to me.I once had a very gud career but because of lot of disturbances in my personal life could not continue it. Now all my friends and colleagues are in a very better position and are up to date. They hardly think of meeting me and whenever I plan for a get together they keep saying they are very busy. Few months back when i was in bad state some of my friends gave moral support. but now as they know every thing about me they feel that i'm nothing. Because of personal issues none of my relatives give respect to us nor visit our house any time. I'm not in contact with my parents or siblings also. I feel very lonely n rejected by everyone. I started to think about my new career but cud not.
    when i see my face in mirror i feel like i'm seeing someone else and not me. i don't get calls from anyone except my husband. my kids speak to me play with me but still.....Its like i'm not connected to outside world anymore.
    Can anyone tell me what is wrong with me.Is sharing everything with friends/relatives to reduce my pain is not correct? how can i get back my social life?

2. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Just make new friends in your neighbourhood.Set up playdates for your kids and start sharing friendship with those parents.

dnormx01, sindmani and Itsmylife143 like this.
  3. vani098

vani098 IL Hall of Fame

Hey don't worry play with u'r kids daily spend time with them.

Don't care about the people who don't care about u. Talk with neighbors. And IL is a great plat form . talk to as many people u want here make friends. Share u'r problems n all that. Don't feel like that. U have to live for u'r sake. Daily ciem to IL. N talk , media, threads what not here,.

In Telugu there one proverb " jeevitham inthey anukuntey narakam. Yentho anukuntey swargam"

English traslation" if u think life is over its hell and if u think life so much n beautiful then life is like heaven"

Live for u'r sake n u'r family

dnormx01, sindmani, Anusuya and 2 others like this.
  4. Itsmylife143

Itsmylife143 Platinum IL'ite

"Amazing things happen when you
    distance yourself from negativity..."

Try to be busy with yourself with your works, try to make hobby of reading books, interacting with new people and learn new things, sometimes we feel like alone when people around there also so dont feel down!!! Invest more time on your family and yourself!!!

Anusuya and Lathasv like this.
  5. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

This happens quite often OP..I am assuming that you are a home maker?
    I have personally experienced drifting away from friends and classmates who were quite close to me once upon a time..Those who are working in MNC in top position will have lot of work and lot of job related stress..they tend to hang out with people in their workplace or professional circle a lot and may not have had time to call and talk to you or have anything in common to discuss with you...Many dont have patience to listen or care about your problems as they may have bigger problems of their own..For that reason I do not share very very personal issues with friends , only general issues that they also maybe facing and understand.
    I did go through a phase when I went through a difficult time and I felt everyone was ignoring me ,then slowly realized everyone had their own interests to pursue and their own problems to face and I was unnecessarily being sensitive...
    I suggest you to involve yourself in some activities in your neighborhood and make new friends and acquaintances..Join some hobby classes in your area of interest. If you keep yourself busy you will not have time to think about these things.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    shobhamma, NeetaR, sindmani and 2 others like this.
  6. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

You appear to have successfully isolated yourself from the world. the friends or their lack is a by product. We develop friendships based on what we have in common. the previous set of friends were the result of your common interest which was the job. Main problem is that currently you have no major pursuit in life other than being home or taking care of house and kids. Being a homemaker is not wrong but by only doing that work, you yourself are feeling bored and lonely isnt it? what do you do in your spare time? Think about how you are spending your free time. Keep some time for simply relaxing or TV but also keep some time to use productively on one of your personal interests. Think about what you like to do, list out your interests or hobbies you have always wanted to do but never had time for and start exploring them one by one. Look for books on that subject, practice, enroll in a local class etc. Slowly you will make new friends who share the same interest.

Last edited: May 2, 2016
    shobhamma likes this.
  7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...why are you not in contact with parents and siblings?
    If you feel your friends don't care much about you because of where you are in life...then make new friends.
    If you are a home maker and your friends no longer feel connected to you,then make some friends who are home makers or work part time.They will have similar routines and life style like you.
    Some times we lose out friends because the routines,lifestyles and interests are not same.

Sharing to reduce pain is not wrong ,but if that is all you are sharing ,then people will start avoiding you.People want friends so that they too can share but more importantly,because they want to have some fun.
    If a person is constantly talking about their pain,then they start depressing their friends too and the friends/relatives start avoiding them.

Try to share some joy,and try to be a good listener to others too.

8. reca

reca Silver IL'ite

Hello OP,
    If you love pets, keep a dog/ cat . These are great stress bursters. They will fill your life with happiness and joy :)

CoolPie likes this.
  9. dnormx01

dnormx01 Gold IL'ite

Take up some art or music classes or join the gym. It would help you make new friends. I kinda understand what you are feeling but this is just a phase. I am sure you will find a way out soon. Sometimes being ignored is also bliss. You don't have anyone's expectations to live up to. You don't have to put up a show to please anyone. Take this as an opportunity to understand yourself. Become your own friend first. It would help you a lot in the long run.

We live in a world where people think we're happy and active only if we are online. And our success is defined by the number of likes we earn for a randomly captured moment. The more you are going to think on these lines, the more you feel ignored. Come out of it and you'll soon start to think of yourself and your family.

Best wishes

10. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

You need to befriend with other home makers in surrounding area.
    Or parents who have similar age kids.
    I also suggest you to work on your appearance If you feel you dont recognize yourself.