1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I'm feeling really low - looking for some support

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Spiderman1, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

I'm feeling really low tonight. I'm not able to express things in my current mood, so wont go into the details currently.

Just that life with spouse sometimes gets really complex, and I am feeling a bit helpless. Normally, I'd be a bit more positive that we'll work things out. Even now, maybe after some days I will be ok, I dont know.

The problem is we both love each other (or at least she did and I hope she does now, maybe she is just very upset now). But, some things are not working out well.

I have been having a bit of really bizarre and hectic issues at work too, so cannot focus on getting counseling yet - we'll have to do that though. Thats the option if things dont improve.

I'm no saint, and I dont claim to be one. I make mistakes too - I can be a nag at times, and I need to learn many things in how to nurture relationships. :drowning

But, at this point, I'm feeling low and a bit exasperated. And, I dont have anyone to share these personal feelings with (cant do it with the friends at work or personal friends in US, no one that close to share marriage issues).

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009

2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

I know I havent posted enough details for someone to provide "actual advice".

Just posted the above post since I felt low, and was looking for a general - "Dont worry, things will be alright" support for now!

3. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

HI there,

Be positive, everything will be ok and just hang in there,every one goes through a rough phase and yours will get over soon, open communication is the key to a successful relationship, try it and it will work.

good luck
    love
    alpa:cheers

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Yeah know that feeling. same happened here last evening with me and DH. it's not like we'll end up in divorce or something but the wretched feeling like nothing is working out. i'm hoping this too shall pass. i wonder why at times open communication helps and other times it shuts the one open door:( take care and don't brood much over it. probably you 2 just need some space. my husband is busy travelling, hectic schedule at work.. i'm busy with 2 kids but my day is completely different... so i can understand perfectly the 'lack of time'...

Latha

5. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

hi,

since there are no details,we can't give replies with details...
    but,what I can say is this does happen obviously to all couples at sometime or the other.
    It happens with me and my DH too... you said the problem is you love each other and you hope that she still oves you. what does this sentence mean? Do not have too many doubts....Marriage is a mix of good days and bad days....so,it will definitely passs by
    if there is something specifically bothering you then try talking it out. If you are unable to talk it out then find some other suitable solution.
    I"ll give you my example. I am at home and do not work. MY DH works very hard the entire week and he only getssat-sun to catch up on sleep and personal time. I used to never understand this and also I used to feel left out since I used to expect him to talk to me or go out with me or coook etc every week end.I reakised this is pressuring him to 'perfomr' and marriage is no competition. I could not tell him everything thinking he will worry more,,so,what I did was i started to keep myself busy in week ends like i started to go out to lib,read something,watch a movie myself....slowly,he realised that I need his time..so,as a solution we started going out around together on sat and sun is his day:)...so,we found a middle solution...
    this was just an example....i wanted to convey that talk out ur problem or find some solution for urself because open comminication is not always possible.... IMO!

NEha S

6. Sunshine123

Sunshine123 New IL'ite

Hi Spiderman

Every relation has its good days and bad days. Even we (me and dh) had a rough patch last week......and i was totally in the dumps.....not able to focus on anything....but then these phases are like passing clouds...they come and go. Every such rough patch has taught me something.....something that i shouldn't be doing next time, or saying..to avoid such unpleasent incidents from recurring.

Whenever i go through such low period in my marriage.......I always try to spend more time with friends, shopping.......or generally doing anything that would divert my mind from the domestic problems. It always helps!!

Just hang in there.........there is always light at the end of the tunnel :)

Cheers

7. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Spiderman,

I told you earlier that,if you are having rough day,go to gym and you feel very nice end of it.Initially you may not able to do it but drag yourself to end and you feel nice.
    I think for each person the emotional support is very important.Earlier when I was having bad days,I really don't know whom to share.
    Now this IL has become family and when we see this ,feel like sharing our sarrow here and that's good thing.
    Only my advise don't be stuborn for the things,Sometimes we need to easy up and try to see other person perspective also.Each person has differrent way of looking things and different worries.
    Easy up things and have a open conversation.One day incident is not an end of life.

have a nice day!!

8. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Hey spidey... feeling low?? [​IMG] Loads of hugs on your way.. come on.. Everything will be fine !!.. வீட்டுக்கு வீடு வாசப்படி right.. Just be positive.. [​IMG] .. [​IMG]illaiyaa ;-)

Just remember the good sweet moments
    [​IMG] together when either of you get into each others nerves.. It's the same love bundle that's pissing you off now.. just temporarily !!!

Love ..
    [​IMG] and can do wonders. Just got to have patience and believe it my friend.

Now cheer up, go and do your work. Evening, leave who will do it first - ego. Buy her some sweet flowers and enjoy your evening ;-)

[​IMG]

9. reshsabu

reshsabu Gold IL'ite

Whenever me and DH have an argument, I feel really low if we both decide not to talk to each other. All kinds of negative thoughts come in when we give each other the 'silent treatment'.

Recently me and DH made a rule. After any argument, we will not talk to each other for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes we both will leave all that happened during the fight behind, hug and make up. This has been working really well for us :).

10. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Spider, it happens, and I know you wrote this when you were feeling totally hopeless about life or marriage. Like all said, there are ups and downs in marriage or relationship. Life is surely tough, as it passes it brings its own challenges, may be health, finance, kids, parents, spouse, job, one element can cause effect on other very easily, for e.g if my finances are draining or health is draining my relations with others can easily be affected. Sometimes we ourself cannot understand ourself, its very hard for others to understand us, and this is true for everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.