1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

IL Book Club - February 2014 - 'It Had to Be You' by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by iswaryadevi, Jan 30, 2014.

1. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Thats the spirit! :cheers Looking forward to your participation and review as and when you read the book. :)

2. iswaryadevi

Glad you found this thread useful to restart your reading habit. Please do start reading the book, (in case you need link, PM me or lampdeepa), and do participate in our discussion as and when you read it. :)

3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I've been MIA here for too long. I've never read this books, so I'm going to take the plunge ;)

1 person likes this.
  4. iswaryadevi

Welcome to the Feb book club Laks! :)

5. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Hey.. nice.. I'm in.. Will borrow the book from library... :)

1 person likes this.
  6. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

Hi Iswarya,

Was randomly reading the Books forum and saw your thread.....I used to read books in such speed & 'kolaveri' as though the world would come to an end any moment...Now all of those days seem to be in the distant past !!

And going by this post of yours, I think "book club" thing was done earlier also, if I am not mistaken? If it is being revived, I would like to join the reading club too ! Even I do not like the e-book concept as its an altogether different feel holding the book and lazing with it...but to rekindle my reading habit, I quickly googled for this title, and managed to get a PDF format....I have never heard of this author before, but this gives me a chance to read one of her books...I tried to get a gist of what this book is about, and looks like it may be good laugh at the end of the read....

So apart from reading this book for the month, what else do the members are likely to do? Go to the next book or do you have anything else lined up ? ;-)

Nice thread ! And oh, by the way ? When are you writing another "whodunit" story ? If I am not wrong, I remember having read one of your stories written here in IL ! :)
    If you are done with any, maybe I am going to nominate your story in one of the coming months in this book club :) :) :)

1 person likes this.
  7. iswaryadevi

That is very nice. Reading from a real book is so much better than reading from a pdf. Enjoy! Hoping to see you soon to share your views on the book! :)

8. iswaryadevi

Hi outofthebox,

I used to be like you too, before my marriage, I'd finish a book max by a night. he he :D But these days, I find it so hard to squeeze in time to reading.

And yes, book club was done earlier, and then some attempts were made to revive it. But this time we really want to get it back in full swing, and seeing the responses I am confident, book club would come back like before! :thumbsup

I too have never read any of the books by this author before, but after starting to read, I just could not put it down. I am so glad I picked up this book for this month club.

You need not necessarily wait to finish reading this book. As and when you feel like sharing anything that appeals you, please post here. This is mainly for like minded people who love reading, like us, to meet and discuss what we liked / did not like in the book. :)

P.S: After TFA I did not write anything! Thanks a lot for your kind words. Makes me feel happy even after 3 years of writing that story! :)

1 person likes this.
  9. iswaryadevi

Dear friends,

I started reading the book 2 days back, and I am so glad I picked this book for the month. It has been such a lovely and breezy read. This is my first book of SEP, and absolutely love her narration. Makes me want to read all her other books too!

How many of you have started reading the book?? Anyone else sharing my feelings? :)

Will get back after finishing the book. Cheers! :)

10. outofthebox

outofthebox Platinum IL'ite

Maybe you should start thinking about another one from the thriller genre..! You do have that inclination to mold a plot into a full fledged racy story..what started as a time-pass may open up new opportunities into the world of authors...you never know..! Just give it a thought...and I would be sure to pick up one of yours if its a thriller :)

Ok, gotcha point..! Let me start the music and get back whenever I feel I can give an input....!

1 person likes this.