1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ignored!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Sep 12, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Vasu was eating his breakfast while reading the newspaper. As always, he was in a hurry, but could not give up that habit of reading while eating. His wife Anu realized that there is no point in repeating something which only annoyed him. Their son Rajiv was just four and was exposed to the world of colours, courtesy his crayons and colouring notebooks.

Initially he scribbled a lot with his crayons all over the notebook, but quickly picked up the way of colouring it and even to an extent, identifying the colours. Just then he coloured a parrot right and ran to where Vasu was. "Pappa! See this! I've done this all by myself! Is this good?", he asked. Vasu just said, "Oh! But I have to leave now! Can you show it to mom please?", and went to wash.

A bit dejected, but still not giving up, Rajiv ran to Anu. She was in a hurry packing his snacks box then. Both heard a 'Bye' from Vasu as he hurried to work. In the evening, he came a lot angrier. "That arrogant fellow doesn't know how to listen first! Its only unfortunate that he is my boss now!", he said aloud. "What happened dear?", asked Anu. "We are about to launch a new product and I suggested that we use a different strategy and even gave a nice idea today. But my boss completely ignored me. Later I heard from others that he laughed at my trying to suggest an idea for something that I don't know about! Such arrogance!", he lamented.

Anu just smiled sympathetically.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Life is a full circle.. we do it sumone knowingly, unknowingly and it will be returned to us from some one else in the same way. Again an Rgstic post.

3. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Pallavi, for your first feedback and appreciation. And thanks for being so quick too. -rgs

4. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

"we get back what we gave (may not be from the same person but for sure)"

good one as always it used to be from rgs :)

5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Strangerrr. What you said is right. Only that sometimes we get the bitter taste first [probably we may just turn wise and not give back what we received, to others]. :) -rgs

6. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I feel guilty after reading this RGS bcos sometimes my kids would just begin telling about what happened in school, among friends, about their best friend, about incidents during the morning rush...they would not have finished their breakfast yet and I would be busy packing their lunch box....i just tell them "please da /please ma you tell me everything in the evening ok....now I have no time to listen and you have no time to tell ...ok !!!!!!!!!!!"

Only after they leave to school I feel so guilty....

I cant decide if I was rude or practical or ignorant at that time...its just about the wrong timing i guess.

This continues ....but I wish i could hear what they wanted to share with me when they want to instead of when I want them to

In the evening I would be willing to listen to them about "what happened yesterday" but they will have things to tell about only "today":)

7. rgsrinivasan

Now that my son is going to preschool too, I too feel the same Sunitha. But, what makes them more happy is that little word of encouragement from us. Have you seen their glowing faces and a happiness thats undescribable?
    Thanks for the wonderful quotes and nice feedback. -rgs

8. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Hi rgs,

It reminds me of a line where which i had read somewhere, 'Child is a man's best teacher' here it would be apt if i say ' Situations and experiences are a man's best teacher' :)
    We sow what we reap, by spreading goodness to others, we are making the world a better place to live in, and it starts at home.

9. rgsrinivasan

You've said it right NandiniMithun. Thanks for your nice feedback. -rgs