1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

If your husband could read your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What would happen if your husband could read your thoughts? Like, really know what is going on inside your head. Like, receive a running transcript of your thoughts.

- Would there be world peace due to a heightened understanding from him?
    - Would there be world war due to him knowing all your thoughts?

Or something else? :)

2. Rihana

In my case, DH would probably hunt high and low to press the button that would pause/stop the transcript machine so my thoughts remain in my mind vonly. And then we would continue the living happily ever after... :)

I do wish he could have read my mind in the earlier years of marriage when I received some odd useless mostly expensive gifts... and smiled and put them away lovingly.

3 people like this.
  3. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Rihana dear, you came up with a wonderful post. Don't you think if they can read our minds then we will get cheated easily.. that's what men do when they know and understand their wives well. They make the things in wives way and cheat her at her comfort.
    In my case, I would like if he can read my mind sometimes but not always.

I feel many men understand their wives well and they can read their wives mind as long as they are together. But i feel they pretend not to understand just to ignore. There are some men who really dont understand or read the mind unless they are said in clear words like an instruction.

4 people like this.
  4. MaritalBliss

MaritalBliss Platinum IL'ite

Just like in the movie, 'what women want' starring mel Gibson? I think my DH would go crazy if he can read my mind..hahaha..I'd rather he doesn't have that 'gift'. Nice thread.

2 people like this.
  5. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

it is good sometimes bcos we dont need to explain them ..

it is bad when we scold them or his parents ;)..

i dont want someone to read/know what i am thinking.. then i guess "I" part will loose identity..

2 people like this.
  6. Rihana

padmatvt, husband being able to read thoughts sometimes but not always sounds good. I would settle for husband being able to read my mind whenever we visit India. :)

heck no! Mera pati sirf mera hai :) My DH is mine only. He cannot go around reading mind of all females and female canines :) His eyes are for my mind only. :)

I am guessing most DH's would, and for their own good they need to be kept away from such gifts. :) What would DH's do without wives like us to watch out for them? :)

2 people like this.
  7. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

i'm an open book. so it wudnt make a differnce. ;)

2 people like this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Rihana,

you are coming up with some nice topics..

my husband sometimes finds it difficult..but most of the times we are intune..if you were to ask if your wife were to read your thoughts.. my dh would write his miseries in pages..stating
    he does not have the surprise element
    he has no privacy yet he says life is easier with this gift /curse depending on the situation..:rant

well i would not mind a 50-50 option..where i have the facility to block him from reading my mind..something like a firewall...:hide::cheers

3 people like this.
  9. christine014

christine014 Gold IL'ite

He would understand how much I love him and how cute I think he is. He thinks I find a lot of guys cute, he often says "Everybody looks cute to you" but if he read my thoughts he'd know how handsome I think he is and why I fell for him in the first place. And he wold probably realize how much I want to have a baby, because these days he's behind me trying to make me enroll for grad school( its Navratri fever in everyone's house but at my place its CAT fever and every room in my house has a "days left" reminder), because I left my MS offer to move in with him to the same city, but now I just want to have a baby.

2 people like this.
  10. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

History teaches us that asymmetric power is always weaponized! :rotfl

3 people like this.