1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

If You Have Tears Shed Them Now!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Oct 1, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

If You have Tears

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Sridhar, yes, I shed few tears- but not sad one. But proud/happy tears came. Proud to be come form that area. Because of these HOLY MEN/WOMEN, we are free now. Thanks for reminding us. Whenever I traveled to Triunelveli, I felt great energy in Maniyachi Junction.

Vanda Madaram!!!!!

3. varalotti

I had to struggle with tears whenever I started to write this blog. Finally today when I came out of a Masonic meeting at 9 pm I decided to write it anyway.
    Poet Kannadasan said that it is the foundation of the house which is bearing us all. And yet all decorations go only to the rooms, ceilings, doors and windows. And these people are the very foundation of our freedom. And if we do not remember them then we do not deserve our freedom.
    Thanks for joining me in this, Coffeelover.
    love,
    sridhar

4. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar Sir,

I too read this piece of history that you shared with us now, with a sense of pride and gratitude.

Everytime the train stops in that station during my trips to Chennai from Tirunelveli , I recall this incident that was narrated to me by my parents. My appa's birth place was Tuticorin.
    Well, they had told me about Vanchinathan and his deeds and that the station is named Vanchi Maniyachi because of this. But I was not aware of the things that took place between the brave proud mother and her son. I bow down to those great souls :bowdown.

5. varalotti

Dear Saraswathi,
    our history has been highly distorted. Till last Sunday I did not know what that Englishman did to merit such a gruesome punishment. A professor told me about the background.
    Many people are thinking that Vanchinathan is a terrorist.
    I know that when you go to Tirunelveli or Tuticorin, the train route up to Maniyachi is the same. Only at Maniyachi the routes diverge.
    From now on every time when we cross that station we should close our eyes and think of these two young men.
    What a sacrifice!
    thanks for coming in.
    sridhar

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,

Happy tears rolled when read about Vanchinathan's revenge.
    Sad tears, the way he didn't want him to be identified and also the face of the 7 year old girl.

Happy to see such patriots in our history.
    Sad tears to see that they are still unsung heroes of our freedom struggle.

Proud tears for Arunachalam's mother..what a lady she is!

sriniketan

7. varalotti

Bhargavi,
    We owe our freedom and our lives to these great people. None of these people were appreciated. None of them were recognised. And yet they did not mind that. They gave whatever they had for this country's freedom.
    At this point of time the only thing we can do for them is to shed tears, whether they be of pride, gratitude or grief. Let's do it now.
    thanks for coming in.
    sridhar

8. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Sridhar, I shed tears for 7 year old girl. I am really proud of Arunachalam, his Mother and Vanchinathan.It really makes anybody patriotic.
    Love,
    Meenakshi

9. varalotti

Meenakshi,
    that's quite natural. I am wondering why this lesson is not made as a part of history syllabus in schools.
    When I first heard about this incident I cried in an open gathering when so many people were around me.
    I gifted three of my books to the Professor who narrated this incident in such a way that I had to take Himalayan efforts to muffle my sobs all the time.
    thanks for coming in.
    love,
    sridhar

10. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

I have never heard of this incident...I :bowdown to all of them...No more words to say...Thank you for sharing this piece of history