If you had Rs.10,000 to invest today, where would you most likely put it?

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Jan 21, 2008.

If you had Rs.10,000 to invest today, where would you most likely put it?.

1. Stock Market

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
  2. Mutual Funds

19 vote(s)
    43.2%
  3. Certificate of Depostis

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. Savings Account

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. Other Investment options

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  6. I would spend it

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Poll for 20th Jan.2008 to 26th Jan 2008

Hello ILites

Money Matters is the forum in our website that proves that the ladies out here is no-nonsense type who knows to read stock markets, business line and Wall street Journals and discussing Warren Buffett with your friends.

This week's poll, assume you are given Rs.10,000 or an equivalent Euro/ Dollar / Riyal / AUD and asked to invest the money. What would you do with it?

I remember the investment quote " Do not put all the eggs in the same basket." But for this poll, please assume that you need to choose only one investment option.

Go ahead and plunge in to the virtual investment in our community.
    Cast your votes and leave your feedback. Who knows it could be a worthy tip for the budding investors.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    just now as I type this, my husband says that the news is that share market has gone done drastically.
    Nowadays, nothing seems safe. Gold seems the best option, not jewellery but bullion.
    I remember that we used to buy the NSC and SSC certificates which used to become the double the amount in 4 1/2 to 5 years. Now the same take 8 3/4 year to double. But the real estate is on the rise.
    Stocks are always risky, I have not much opinion about that, I feel it is like lottery.
    And I never had invested in anything so far, all that is huby's department.

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    I will recommend investing in Mutual Funds which is safer than shares. The 10000 Rs could be invested in two Mutual Funds and you could get information regarding funds which are doing well from sites like moneycotrol.com and many others. By investing in Mutual Funds you get dividend regularly and there are chances of NAV increasing, and you can sell the units when the price goes up and get profit.
    PS

4. Jaishree123

Jaishree123 Senior IL'ite

Hi
    I must say a very good poll.

I dont know much about mutual fund investments.
    can u pls throw some light on this investment so that people like us get enlightened.
    and pls let us know if we can invest in it from outside India or on the web.

By the Way my answer to the poll is:
    I would just put it in a savings account or take a certificate of deposit as I dont know many options.

Thanks & Regards
    Jaishree

5. AGR

AGR Bronze IL'ite

Hi all

Its Stock Market.......obviously.....today the market continued to crash and look at the price of all the shares.......Oooph.....ideal time to invest both for fresh investor, as well as existing investors (to average out the price)........

6. Ramya Ramanatha

Ramya Ramanatha New IL'ite

Its definitely stock markets.. you can play magic in this place... its just that u need to have some speculation skills and your eyes and ears must be open... your mental antenna should be alert to sense the ups and dips of the market... One golden ruel to play in this market is that one should be able to take risk. So need to invest wisely and should be able to bear the loss if any....
    Best of luck folks!!

7. sd131

sd131 New IL'ite

hi

i would like to invest into mtual funds..
    :hatsoff

8. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

My choice would be to invest in Mutual funds.. especially in energy fund as the energy prices throughout the globe hitting the roof and I am sure I have made a wise and informed decision.

:queenGeeth Priya

9. Girlfriend

Girlfriend New IL'ite

My Pick is stock market, not a day to day speculative trading but long term investment.
    Warren buffet, the second richest person in the world after Bill Gates, made his billions from investing in quality stock.
    We can take the crashing market as an opportunity buy some quality stocks.
    Investing in share is more liquid and give more return over the years.

Cheers
    Parul